Brock Lesnar loses title

• Owner

Hope nobody watched it. It sucked.

Basically, Brock tried taking him down a couple of times, decided he was going to stand and out-punch him (I guess???) and got tagged on the left side of his face. It opened up something NASTY. Lesnar was on the ground most of the time after that, had gotten back to his feet before falling on his own, just to cover his face, and the referee stopped the fight before the first round ended.

Cain Velasquez, 9-0, and the first Mexican-American MMA heavyweight champ.

Was at work so I missed it, which sucked as this card was absolutely stacked and I was really looking forward to watching it.

I'm not all that shocked to be hoenst with you, though. I predicted Lesnar would win, but we saw what Carwin did to him and Velasquez is a better fighter than Carwin is. I posted somewhere else that if Cain can keep this standing he will be able to beat Lesnar, and it seems like that is exactly what happened. Velasquez is an absolute beast and it shouldn't be a huge shock that he beat Lesnar.

I watched the fight last night and it was basically an exact replica of how the first round of the Lesnar-Carwin fight went. The difference was that Cain did a fantastic job of picking his spots and not punching himself out like Carwin did.

This fight showed just how flawed Lensar is as a fighter. A very good wrestler and a freak of an athlete, but that is all he really has going for him. He wasn't able to keep Velasquez down as he was way too lackadasial when he got him down and thought he would easily be able to pass his guard. His striking is completely mechanical and robotic and he does not take getting hit very well (although to be fair, I don't think too many people would take getting hit from Cain Velasquez or Shane Cawin very well).

He was always a fairly one-dimensional fighter, but now that he has fought enough times for his opposition to figure out the book on him, those flaws are really beginning to get exposed. Carwin basically showed everybody the blueprint on what to do against Lesnar and Velasquez perfected it on Saturday.

With that said, Lesnar is still a force in the division assuming he stays motivated and passionate about his MMA career. He has only 6 fights in his career and 4 of them are against legitimate top 5 heavyweights at the time (Carwin, Mir, Couture and Cain) as well as a savy vet in Herring. He is still basically a rookie when it comes to the MMA game and he can certainly improve as a fighter.

Velasquez is an absolute monster, though. He is so well rounded and such an explosive athlete that he is going to be very difficult to beat. His fight with Junior Dos Santos is going to be a very interesting matchup. JDS is a very different fighter than Lesnar is so it will require a completely different gameplan and skillset to beat him.

Haven't watched any other fights, although I heard that Diego Sanchez absolutely dominated Paulo Thiago. I'm absolutely stoked about that as Sanchez is one of the most exciting fighters in all of MMA. I'm glad to see that he decided to go back to Greg Jackson's and it looks like it paid off amazingly well.

Honestly I didn't expect him to lose especially in the first round. It looked like he was not prepared for the fight and he under estimated Velasquez

No, he just got beat by a superior fighter. It is as simple as that. This wasn't a Matt Serra vs. GSP fluke punch KO situation. Cain throughouly dominated Lesnar for the entire first round because he is a superior fighter.

Edited by Built Ford Tough