Offense Keeping Hansbrough Out Of Rotation

Pooh25

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Hansbrough_Tyler_ind_090707.jpg
Pacers forward Tyler Hansbrough didn't play in the team's opener against the Spurs on Wednesday and it appears unlikely that he'll face the Bobcats on Friday.

Hansbrough said that Wednesday's game against San Antonio marked the first time he was healthy and missed a game since youth basketball.

Indiana coach Jim O'Brien said that Hansbrough will remain out of the rotation until he improves offensively.

"He's behind," O'Brien said. "You earn your playing time. He missed a year of basketball. Anybody that walks in and thinks he's just going to get playing time, that's not going to happen."

Via Indianapolis Star

Discuss!

I understand this, but at least give him some minutes towards the end of the Spurs game. They were taking a beating, so at least allow him out on the floor to get some time on the court in...I think that would've been the way to handle it. He looked pretty good when he played in the offense during the preseason, so I don't know why we wouldn't let him on the court now. Maybe that's just me though...

Well there goes that story. Hansbrough got in the game, and O'Brien was putting him out there until the buzzer sounded. Here are his final stats for tonights game vs. the Bocats:

20 Minutes, 12 Points, 4 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 Block, 3-4 FGM-A, 6-6 FTM-A.

Not only did he put up those very solid numbers, he hit a contested mid-range jumper with about a minute left to go that put them up by three, and then after a made basket from Charlotte, he got fouled and put in two from the foul line. Great job from Psycho T tonight. I have a feeling he might be back in the rotation, if not starting next game. Great performance from him tonight!