Shaq or Dwight?

reno

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Prime Shaq. Howard is an average on-ball defender, and he doesn't have a post game that can actually expose O'Neal's weaknesses on the defensive end.

Howard puts on a show when he's able to establish deep post. There's no way he can do that against a 355-pound Shaq, and no way he keeps O'Neal more than three feet away from the rim.

It wouldn't even be close.

Prime Shaq. Howard is an average on-ball defender, and he doesn't have a post game that can actually expose O'Neal's weaknesses on the defensive end.

Howard puts on a show when he's able to establish deep post. There's no way he can do that against a 355-pound Shaq, and no way he keeps O'Neal more than three feet away from the rim.

It wouldn't even be close.

In Dwight's defense, he hasn't reached his prime yet, so it's very hard to establish a complete opinion of his game in his prime. Who knows, maybe four or five years down the road when he reaches his prime, who knows what kind of strength and skills he will have. At 24 years old, you can't establish what kind of player someone will end up being, but I do agree that Dwight would still have his hands full with Shaq.

In Dwight's defense, he hasn't reached his prime yet, so it's very hard to establish a complete opinion of his game in his prime. Who knows, maybe four or five years down the road when he reaches his prime, who knows what kind of strength and skills he will have. At 24 years old, you can't establish what kind of player someone will end up being, but I do agree that Dwight would still have his hands full with Shaq.

well at 24 years old Shaq was averaging 26/13/3/3.

anyways, this is Shaq no contest for me.

Definitely Shaq. Dwight is a very good player but he honestly can't be compared to Shaq. I've said it many times but among all the players I've seen play, Shaq is, with Jordan, the one who impressed me the most. He's, with Wilt and Jordan, the one who dominated the league the most. His performances in the NBA Finals from 2000 to 2002 are even the most impressive Finals performances ever IMO. A case can definitely be made for him as the best center ever. So no I certainly do not believe that Dwight would stand a chance against Big Shaq Daddy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...