Iggy denies reports of him requesting trade

Smitty

There was a report on ESPN Tuesday night that 76ers swingman Andre Iguodala had requested a trade.

Iguodala denied the report on Friday night.

"Where does this stuff come from?" he asked.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69841/20101030/iguodala_denies_report_of_trade_request/

I used to be kinda for trading him, but we actually kinda need him right now if the Sixers don't want to be bottom feeders of the leauge.

If I were the 76ers, I would only trade Iggy if I can get Melo back. It's highly unlikely, but given the 76ers' current state, they would only give up Iggy if: Turner is already capable of replacing Iggy or they can get someone who's an All-Star back.

I don't see any trade in which I'd be satisfied with the return. All the trades I'm hearing is to trade him purely because he doesn't mesh with Turner. I understand that and it makes sense, but if your going to do that, get a fair return. Don't just trade him for lower then market value because he doesn't fit your system..