Is Derrick Rose the next AI?

reno

I disagree, especially if you take into consideration D-Wade's toughness, or lack thereof compared to AI.

The guy is an egg shell.

i think he was comparing Rose to D-Wade.. not D-Wade to AI.... so not sure on the D-Wade vs. AI toughness comparison.

BTW... its been 3 years since Wade has missed more than 5 games in a season.

i think he was comparing Rose to D-Wade.. not D-Wade to AI.... so not sure on the D-Wade vs. AI toughness comparison.

BTW... its been 3 years since Wade has missed more than 5 games in a season.

That explains it then. :lol:

For some reason I thought he meant A.I. = Wade

I don't think Rose is the new AI at all, and I don't think you'll see another do what Iverson did. Rose is the first of himself. He's a point guard with a shooting guard's mentality and the skills for both positions. That being said, I really think he's going to put up monster numbers the rest of the year. Rose is definitely one of the best players in the league right now, and assuming he keeps playing the way he is, I could see some Wade-Rose comparisons coming up. They do like to play almost the exact same game from what I've seen as well.

Rose is not the new AI. They don't have similar frames, and besides sick crossovers their offensive games aren't too similar.

Honestly, I think Rose is a like a more mature/talented/focused version of Steve Francis. They have almost the same exact size (6'3'', 190-200lbs), same crossover, similar handle, and similar explosiveness. Neither are great true PG's, but are capable of creating for teammates as well as scoring. The difference is Rose is a lot more efficient from the field, while Francis was a better 3pt shooter and extroridnary rebounder. But as I said, in terms of style and physical capablities, they are very similar. The only major difference is between the ears.

BTW, the Rose/Wade comaprisons also need to cease. Wade has about 2 inches and at least 10 pounds on Rose, a longer wingspan, and a much different game going to the basket. Rose likes to penetrate just like Wade, but he does it differently. Rose LOVES that little flip shot/floater, and gets to the rim off straight cuts/crossovers. Wade likes to split double teams and screens a lot more often, will go all the way to the rim and finish strong a lot more than Rose, he likes to weave through defense more than Rose (who works in straight cuts), and he also has a legit post game (where Rose has none).

Edited by Nitro

Rose is not the new AI. They don't have similar frames, and besides sick crossovers their offensive games aren't too similar.

Honestly, I think Rose is a like a more mature/talented/focused version of Steve Francis. They have almost the same exact size (6'3'', 190-200lbs), same crossover, similar handle, and similar explosiveness. Neither are great true PG's, but are capable of creating for teammates as well as scoring. The difference is Rose is a lot more efficient from the field, while Francis was a better 3pt shooter and extroridnary rebounder. But as I said, in terms of style and physical capablities, they are very similar. The only major difference is between the ears.

BTW, the Rose/Wade comaprisons also need to cease. Wade has about 2 inches and at least 10 pounds on Rose, a longer wingspan, and a much different game going to the basket. Rose likes to penetrate just like Wade, but he does it differently. Rose LOVES that little flip shot/floater, and gets to the rim off straight cuts/crossovers. Wade likes to split double teams and screens a lot more often, will go all the way to the rim and finish strong a lot more than Rose, he likes to weave through defense more than Rose (who works in straight cuts), and he also has a legit post game (where Rose has none).

Honestly, I think Rose is closer to Wade than he is Francis lol.

Honestly, I think Rose is closer to Wade than he is Francis lol.

In terms of impact/production yes, but not in terms of play style. Francis/Rose have the same size, same crossover, same type of explosiveness, and similar games. The only thing about Rose's game that is similar to Wade's is neither are great 3pt shooters, and both like to penetrate the lane.

Not at all. I think you'd best compare someone who is 6'0 or smaller to be the next AI. It just wouldn't seem right to say Rose (who is 6'2+) to be the next AI, especially when Rose is a lot bigger in terms of height and frame than AI was.

Not at all. I think you'd best compare someone who is 6'0 or smaller to be the next AI. It just wouldn't seem right to say Rose (who is 6'2+) to be the next AI, especially when Rose is a lot bigger in terms of height and frame than AI was.

This.

Francis is a fair comparison... strength, crossover, skillset, I agree with Nitro's assessment... but I think D-Rose is still a tad quicker and more athletic than Francis.

Rose is probably a bit quicker than Francis, but overall more athletic? I don't know, Francis was a FREAK when he was younger...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-2itVYnZRI

Rose has more quickness than Francis but even with that more amount of quickness he has complete control of his body. That's where I think he is more athletic.

We all can be quick but when the quickness results in loss of body control that means we have pushed that quickness beyond our limit/ capability.

Rose leaps higher and further. I like Francis, but if I have the current Rose vs. the prime Francis, and pick who's more likely to dunk from FT line, I'd pick Rose... simply because he leaps higher and further.

Rose has more quickness than Francis but even with that more amount of quickness he has complete control of his body. That's where I think he is more athletic.

We all can be quick but when the quickness results in loss of body control that means we have pushed that quickness beyond our limit/ capability.

Rose leaps higher and further. I like Francis, but if I have the current Rose vs. the prime Francis, and pick who's more likely to dunk from FT line, I'd pick Rose... simply because he leaps higher and further.

I think Francis was just more out of control, period, which goes back to my first post where the main difference between them is between the ears. I don't think athletically speaking Rose has a distinct edge in terms of body control, and I REALLY disagree with the whole higher and further thing. Rose's max vertical jump was measured at 40" pre-draft. I can't find an official measurement of Francis', but on Google multiple sites have him listed at 43". Just take a look at him in the 2000 Dunk Contest (where they measured the vertical jump on some dunks...I *think* Francis got over 40" at the contest)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf4TheVeWpQ