Rubio Intends To Leave DKV Joventut Regardless

Ricky Rubio plans to leave DKV Joventut even if the Minnesota Timberwolves cannot reach a deal to bring their first round draft pick to the NBA.

Rubio is at odds with his boyhood club over an $8.2 million buyout clause, which the NBA team can only contribute $500,000 toward.

Regardless of whether the 18-year-old Rubio makes the trip across the Atlantic next season, he says he won't be playing at Joventut.

"I want to continue with the club but, after everything that's happened, I don't think they're too comfortable having me in their squad," Rubio said Wednesday. "I want to play in a winning team, on a team that can achieve many things."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60728/20090722/rubio_intends_to_leave_dkv_joventut_regardless/

He can't just leave... can he?

Rubio needs just one endorsement deal. That's it. If he gets something, he's free...and that's what he needs to be working on right now.

Agreed, you think he'd be the second most marketable play in the class behind Griffin because he's internationally known in Europe and has gotten a good amount of hype here.

It says that Barcelona and another European team are interested in getting him and can buy him out the full amount.

I don't think it's even close, Wolves can only help $500,000 toward the buyout while those teams can pay the whole amount.

Rubio will sign with one of those teams, maybe for 2-3 years and then go to NBA once the obligations are finished. Sucks, I would love to see him next season :(

It says that Barcelona and another European team are interested in getting him and can buy him out the full amount.

I don't think it's even close, Wolves can only help $500,000 toward the buyout while those teams can pay the whole amount.

Rubio will sign with one of those teams, maybe for 2-3 years and then go to NBA once the obligations are finished. Sucks, I would love to see him next season :(

That seems like the most likely scenario.