Michael Beasley "We Are The Worst Team In The NBA"

After scoring just six points in 20 minutes on Saturday, Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley said, "As of right now, we're the worst team in the NBA."

Beasley implicated his teammates and the coaching staff, but he may have been frustrated by his own performace. He shot 2-of-6 from the field and was simply dominated all game by Grizzlies' SF Rudy Gay. We doubt he'll feel any better after playing the Heat in Miami on Tuesday.

Rotoworld.

The Wolves beat the Bucks on Friday. Do you think the Wolves are the worst team in the NBA right now?

just a couple months ago he was saying the Wolves were the best team in the NBA :unsure:

in January - Michael Beasley "Yeah, I think if we can keep hitting homeruns like we've been doing, Millicic has been doing a good job in goal, and if Flynn can break out of this funk, I see no reason why we can't win the Superbowl."

The team is filled with almost nothing but players picked top 15 in their respective drafts.

Micheal Beasley - Round 1, Pick 2 (2008)

Kevin Love - Round 1, Pick 5 (2008)

Jonny Flynn - Round 1, Pick 6 (2009)

Wesley Johnson - Round 1, Pick 4 (2010)

Darko Milicic - Round 1, Pick 2 (2003)

Luke Ridnour - Round 1, Pick 14 (2003)

Corey Brewer - Round 1, Pick 7 (2007)

Martell Webster - Round 1, Pick 6 (2005)

Sebastian Telfair - Round 1, Pick 13 (2004)

and

Lazar Hayward - Round 1, Pick 30 (2010)

Wayne Ellington - Round 1, Pick 28 (2009)

Kosta Koufos - Round 1, Pick 23 (2008)

Maurice Ager - Round 1, Pick 28 (2006)

Nikla Pekovic - Round 2, Pick 1 (2008)

Anthony Tolliver - Undrafted (2009)

That's nine players picked top 15, seven of them picked top 7. All of which are rotation players except Telfair, who will likely either be traded, benched, or waived when Flynn is healthy again.

The Wolves are clearly in the heart of a rebuilding process. Their main focus this year is almost strictly to develop their talent, and to figure out who fits the team and who doesn't. Once the management makes a final decision about who stays in their longterm plans, I think we can expect a number of trades to occur.

By next year, as the make up of the team changes, they will use their inevitable top 4 pick this summer to bring in another high talent. They will look to bring in veterans to balance the team and mentor the younger players, and by then, if everything goes according to plan, they should look to make a strong playoff push.

Edited by Poe

I wonder how the Beasley apologists are going to spin his poor play this season...

Being that he's 21 years old and he's likely to average somewhere between roughly 16-18 ppg, I don't see a big issue whatsoever. He's a young player trying to find his identity in the NBA. The Heat have helped him learn to break bad defensive habits, and Rambis will help develop Beasley's offensive game. He's only going to get better.

Beas is a slow learner, but very highly talented and willing to do what's best for his team. He should start to "get it" as he matures. He's already shown flashes in the past in Miami. I know he'll be a force in the NBA in time.

Edited by Poe

The team is filled with almost nothing but players picked top 15 in their respective drafts.

Micheal Beasley - Round 1, Pick 2 (2008)

Kevin Love - Round 1, Pick 5 (2008)

Jonny Flynn - Round 1, Pick 6 (2009)

Wesley Johnson - Round 1, Pick 4 (2010)

Darko Milicic - Round 1, Pick 2 (2003)

Luke Ridnour - Round 1, Pick 14 (2003)

Corey Brewer - Round 1, Pick 7 (2007)

Martell Webster - Round 1, Pick 6 (2005)

Sebastian Telfair - Round 1, Pick 13 (2004)

and

Lazar Hayward - Round 1, Pick 30 (2010)

Wayne Ellington - Round 1, Pick 28 (2009)

Kosta Koufos - Round 1, Pick 23 (2008)

Maurice Ager - Round 1, Pick 28 (2006)

Nikla Pekovic - Round 2, Pick 1 (2008)

Anthony Tolliver - Undrafted (2009)

That's nine players picked top 15, seven of them picked top 7. All of which are rotation players except Telfair, who will likely either be traded, benched, or waived when Flynn is healthy again.

The Wolves are clearly in the heart of a rebuilding process. Their main focus this year is almost strictly to develop their talent, and to figure out who fits the team and who doesn't. Once the management makes a final decision about who stays in their longterm plans, I think we can expect a number of trades to occur.

By next year, as the make up of the team changes, they will use their inevitable top 4 pick this summer to bring in another high talent. They will look to bring in veterans to balance the team and mentor the younger players, and by then, if everything goes according to plan, they should look to make a strong playoff push.

Yeah, all the Timberwolves pick are talented players, not productive ones. By productive, I don't mean the number of points and rebounds, otherwise Love would be very production. I mean the players that do the right things and lead the team for them to win. I think Wesley Johnson might be the first leader they've drafted in recent years that has played a game for them.

Like I said in another topic, the Wolves just stock up draft picks every year. When they traded KG, it was a step in the right direction because they were getting quality in Al Jeff. But when they decided to trade Al Jeff again, I can't see why they would do that.

And heck, for my money, even undrafted Anthony Tolliver is better than half those players above, including Beasley. I proclaim Beasley a bust. Well that might be an overstatement, but I definitely don't see him as the type of player you want to start to rebuild a franchise. Especially not when he makes comments like this and doesn't appear to give a [expletive].

Edited by sas45champs