Pure Shooters

AboveLegit

Kyle Korver, Jason Kapono, Peja Stojakovic, Danilo Gallinari, James Jones, Anthony Morrow, Steve Nash, Stephen Curry, Dirk, current Kobe, Ray Allen, basically everyone mentioned already -_-

Edited by Yugo the TEЯЯИБЛE

Well I guess that everyone's already mentioned 'em all so I got nothing to add...

But if I had to pick only one player, I would definitely pick Dirk Nowitzki. For me he's the purest shooter in the league today, he just has the perfect jump shoot. One of the very best jump shot ever IMO, with Glen Rice's and Larry Bird's.

Aaron Brooks, Ray Allen, Dirk Nowitzki, Kyle Korver, Stephen Curry..

I agree with all except I'm not sure about Aaron Brooks. Expound?

I think Ray is the most pure shooter in the game. You still got Peja, Nash and I'd like to believe that Memo wins out of the centers.

Obviously Ray Allen, who will finish the year with the most 3's made in NBA history. But other than that, I consider Korver, Brooks and Anthony Morrow to be great shooters.

And if you base this solely on numbers, you could even mention Paul Pierce in this discussion.

Edited by AA25 Mamba

• Owner

Didn't take long to mention them, so I'll mention two...

Ray Allen has the best stroke on his jumper.

Kyle Korver was the best shooter in the league last season.

If you're looking for two, you take those.

To be really strict on the definition of "Pure Shooters", only two come to mind. Kyle Korver and Jason Kapono. I don't count Ray-Ray since he has the ability to drive to the lane.

EDIT: Peja is another.

Edited by Newman

• Owner

To be really strict on the definition of "Pure Shooters", only two come to mind. Kyle Korver and Jason Kapono. I don't count Ray-Ray since he has the ability to drive to the lane.

EDIT: Peja is another.

I don't know. A pure shooter is someone who is consistent and mechanically sound. It doesn't necessarily mean he can't do other things on the court. That would be called "strict shooter" (which is an old way of considering someone a one-dimensional offensive player).

• Owner

Really? I must have got the two mixed up then. When I read about articles they refer to those "Strict Shooters" as "Pure Shooters" so I guess the phrase's definition varies between people.

Well, a lot of strict shooters (haha, I rarely use that term) are pure shooters. Otherwise, they would never make it in the league. If Kapono couldn't shoot, he would've never been signed to any NBA team. He's both.

But someone like Ray Allen, he's a pure shooter...but not strictly a jumpshooter.

Well for me a pure shooter is someone who has a perfect stroke and at a same time relies a lot to his jump shot obviously. But he doesn't necessarily spend his time behind the 3pts line... I think that people are too obsessed with 3 pointers when they think of jump shot and forget too often about the mid range jump shot which is even more important than the 3 pointer in basketball IMO.

Well anyhow that's why I mentioned Dirk. I should have mentioned Ray as well though... It's a tie between Dirk and Ray for the purest shooter. No one has a better stroke than them in the league right now IMO.

My top choices have already been stated above. Allen, Dirk, JJ, Nash Etc

Obviously since I watch all of the Spurs games I get a much better feel for my own team. 6 games into the season I would say that the Spurs best PURE shooters are Gary Neal ( his stroke is beautiful and he has a very quick release) and James Anderson. The guy can shoot from anywhere on the court and has a nice J. These two guys are giving the Spurs what Keith Bogans and Roger mason Jr couldnot last year. Energy, hustle, and good shooting. With the focus on Manu, Duncan, Parker, and RJ these guys are going to get open looks.