Charlie V. Wants To Fight KG

Nitro

Eh, as messed up as it was, I don't mind KG saying that. When you're on the basketball court, trash-talking is a part of the game, and I'm sure a guy like KG (who is insane) says whatever he can to get any little advantage. If I'm a Boston fan that is a good thing.

KG has never been a classy guy, he's always come off as a douchebag to me. It has nothing to do with his game, it's that over aggressive [expletive]ty attitude that I have always hated.

It's great to be vocal and get a message across, it motivates your teammates and fans but to call someone a cancer patient are you kidding me, it doesn't get much worse. Cancer is such a huge problem in our society, read the numbers on cancer and see how much you laugh then, its sad how many lives are lost to cancer and how tough it is during the final days.

I don't mind the trash talking, but keep it trashy don't take it to a point where society takes it to heart that's just dumb. Plus the fact that Charlie has a skin disease doesn't help, trash talk without making it so damn personal....

Love KG's game amazing player, but a pathetic attitude and has absolutely no class, and apparently no brain.

Eh, as messed up as it was, I don't mind KG saying that. When you're on the basketball court, trash-talking is a part of the game, and I'm sure a guy like KG (who is insane) says whatever he can to get any little advantage. If I'm a Boston fan that is a good thing.

He went way too far. You can say someones wife is a whore and is nasty, and you can say that you think the person's children are pieces of [expletive], but when you mention something that someone has NO CONTROL over, that is crossing the line. You don't make fun of someone saying that they look like a cancer patient.

So, I'm guessing this fan didn't go too far in you eyes?

http://www.lakers-fan.com/wp-content/uploads/fishfancopy.jpg

You find it crazy that people say that some poor people need to get off their asses and stop using welfare and find a job, but you think this is not wrong. :lol: .

Edited by EastCoastNiner
  • Like 2

He went way too far. You can say someones wife is a whore and is nasty, and you can say that you think the person's children are pieces of [expletive], but when you mention something that someone has NO CONTROL over, that is crossing the line. You don't make fun of someone saying that they look like a cancer patient.

So, I'm guessing this fan didn't go too far in you eyes?

http://www.lakers-fan.com/wp-content/uploads/fishfancopy.jpg

IMO bringing family into it is crossing the line, especially kids. I'm sure Villanueva would have fought KG on the spot if he brought up his kids (if he has any). Saying someone looks like a cancer patient is certainly extreme, but in the realm of trash talk, I don't think it's going too far. I am sure there is lots of really, really messed up things that are said on the court every night, and I'm 100% sure KG has said worse.

You find it crazy that people say that some poor people need to get off their asses and stop using welfare and find a job, but you think this is not wrong. :lol: .

What does that have to do with anything? And I wasn't defending the people that abuse welfare and can get a job, I was defending those that can't find a job and need welfare.

I think it is crossing the line 100% because it takes a shot at Charlie's appearance, and it effects thousands of others that have dealt with a cancer situation in life.

Just go on twitter and see comments such as "wow that's messed up my family member dealt with cancer and lost, this is low KG"

I just think certain things are off limit and cancer is one of them because it's unfortunately a relate-able problem to many NBA fans and there families. So in his attempt to single out Charlie V he has gotten thousands of reactions rightfully so from common NBA fans that know how difficult the process is, that to me is stupid.

I think it is crossing the line 100% because it takes a shot at Charlie's appearance, and it effects thousands of others that have dealt with a cancer situation in life.

That's the thing, though...Charlie made it public. I am sure the word "[expletive]" is thrown around the NBA court many times a night, yet you don't hear a peep about that (in fact I remember KG being video taped on TNT during a game against Cleveland saying, "[expletive]ing [expletive]gots" to the fans). To me, going on Twitter and saying things that are meant to stay on the court is a [expletive] move. Get back at KG with your play, not trying to expose what we already know, which is that KG is a jackass.

As I said, it was really messed up and unnecessarily ruthless as an insult, but I still think it is fair game when it comes to trash talk.

What does welfare have to do with this thread? Seriously gtfo. I'd love to see you put in the position of the people who actually need the welfare, instead of living of mommies and daddies money. I bet you wouldn't talk so much [expletive] then, but no, since you live with a silver spoon shoved directly up your [expletive] you knock people who live through a nightmare every single day of their lives, good job.

Edited by STATCity

That's the thing, though...Charlie made it public. I am sure the word "[expletive]" is thrown around the NBA court many times a night, yet you don't hear a peep about that (in fact I remember KG being video taped on TNT during a game against Cleveland saying, "[expletive]ing [expletive]gots" to the fans). To me, going on Twitter and saying things that are meant to stay on the court is a [expletive] move. Get back at KG with your play, not trying to expose what we already know, which is that KG is a jackass.

As I said, it was really messed up and unnecessarily ruthless as an insult, but I still think it is fair game when it comes to trash talk.

I would disagree, there is a limit to trash talk. KG crossed the line this time around.