Charlie V. Wants To Fight KG

Nitro

That's the thing, though...Charlie made it public. I am sure the word "[expletive]" is thrown around the NBA court many times a night, yet you don't hear a peep about that (in fact I remember KG being video taped on TNT during a game against Cleveland saying, "[expletive]ing [expletive]gots" to the fans). To me, going on Twitter and saying things that are meant to stay on the court is a [expletive] move. Get back at KG with your play, not trying to expose what we already know, which is that KG is a jackass.

As I said, it was really messed up and unnecessarily ruthless as an insult, but I still think it is fair game when it comes to trash talk.

You're not looking at the bigger picture here, and that's the fact that KG tried insulting him by calling him something that millions of people suffer from. If you were in Charlie's position, wouldn't you feel the need to go on Twitter and ruin KG's rep even more? I know I would.

I'm one of KG's biggest supporters, I've followed him his entire career, and have backed him up even when he got in fights with Calderon and Peeler. He's one of the leagues most competitive players, so we understand the idea of "in the heat of the moment", but a brainless monkey knows when they're taking it too far. I'm sure almost everyone on this board has gotten in an altercation on the court, we all know things can be said that we later regret. But calling someone a cancer patient? First off, who uses that as an insult? Secondly, who in the right mind would call someone that?

Rodman and Sheed were the leagues biggest trash talkers, but even they wouldn't have gone this far.

• Like 2

Ok, now I'm just confused....

Garnett issues statement and says, in part: "My comment to (Villanueva) was in fact 'You are cancerous to your team and our league.'"
Garnett: "I would never be insensitive to the brave struggle that cancer patients endure. I have lost loved ones to this deadly disease..."
More Garnett: "...and have a family member currently undergoing treatment. I would never say anything that distasteful."

http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA

I actually believe what Garnett said.

This is sad to see. I agree with everyone that said that he crossed the line. In no situation should you ever say anything that makes light of something that causes people to die...just not cool. And what htown11 said as well, on Twitter so many people are offended by what he said. Definitely makes me sick to hear that KG actually said this. He denies that he did, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. It happens when you don't think before you speak. Hopefully he learns his lesson and calms down on the trash talk a bit.

#KGTrashTalk on twitter is amazing, check it out if you get a chance

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23KGTrashTalk

Fish7718 Mike F

Lord Mamba from the land of Angeles of Los, thou must cease all acts of lust with the wenches in the land of the snow caps. #KGTrashtalk

Fish7718 Mike F

Thou looks like thou has partaken in the treatment of cancer. #KGTrashTalk

mine lol, I was bored

Why would KG use the word cancerous while trash talking..when he coulda just said, you're a piece of trash/you suck.

KG is one competitive dude and got caught up in the moment, so I'm taking Charlie's word on this one.

People call other people cancerous to their teams all the time... It was tossed around a lot when TO acted the way he did when he was an Eagle.

No, I'm not defending Garnett. I've stated numerous times myself that his attitude is pissing me off.

Today, I pulled Nuggets coach George Karl aside to get his take on this, because after Karl’s valiant bout with throat-and-neck cancer last spring, Karl has become the NBA’s face of cancer survival.

Asked about Garnett, Karl told me: “My initial response is – it’s disappointing and crossing the line. I don’t know if cancer is an epidemic in our country, but we accept it as a problem and it’s a very dangerous part of life for everybody. Making fun of it, that’s part of (some people’s) sarcastic side of trash talk. … Sometimes, responsibility comes from knowing when to argue when not to – when to cross the line and when not to cross the line. So philosophically, if Kevin and I were close friends, I’d probably call him up and say, ‘I don’t think that’s right (what you said).’ But I also believe that competition makes us do things when we don’t have our total mental morality in line. We act like children at times, even coaches.”

Well said from a cancer survivor.

Garnett's judgment was poor and for most people that have followed him they know he talks a lot of mess.

People call other people cancerous to their teams all the time... It was tossed around a lot when TO acted the way he did when he was an Eagle.

Completely different scenarios.

Garnett is the king of smack talk, there is absolutely no chance in hell he said "you're a cancer to your team and the league". No way.

• Like 1

Completely different scenarios.

Garnett is the king of smack talk, there is absolutely no chance in hell he said "you're a cancer to your team and the league". No way.

I was giving the TO situation as an example. I guess it was a bad example, but what I'm trying to say is that people calling teammates/players cancers to their team all the time. That's what Garnett said (or so he said).

I was giving the TO situation as an example. I guess it was a bad example, but what I'm trying to say is that people calling teammates/players cancers to their team all the time. That's what Garnett said (or so he said).

I think what IllWill is trying to say is that, it's not so unbelieveable that someone would call someone a cancer, but they way that KG says it went down is unbelieveable. Like if you're playing a pick up game of basketball and someone guarding you says, "you are a cancer to your team" you are just going to laugh because that's awful trash talk. However is someone goes "Yo, you look like a cancer patient" I mean, still not great trash talk, but it certainly fits the scenario more...

I think what IllWill is trying to say is that, it's not so unbelieveable that someone would call someone a cancer, but they way that KG says it went down is unbelieveable. Like if you're playing a pick up game of basketball and someone guarding you says, "you are a cancer to your team" you are just going to laugh because that's awful trash talk. However is someone goes "Yo, you look like a cancer patient" I mean, still not great trash talk, but it certainly fits the scenario more...

This, mostly... It would be believable if we were talking about Tyler Hansborough, but Garnett is too well versed in the smack talk game to be dropping awful lines like he claims he did. We all know what he really said :lol:

I'm trying to explain why Garnett said what he lied about... He twisted Charlie V's words around to try and make himself look better.

Bed time. Work all weekend. Bye.

Edited by Lone Wolf