I'm starting to think Chris Paul is the best PG of all time...

Poe

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest The REAL STL10

...and may even be the best player in the league today. So, do you agree that CP3 is the best PG ever?

So, there's this guy named Magic Johnson...

You may have heard of him...

http://i55.tinypic.com/15rh5hc.jpg

magic_johnson.jpg

• Like 1

:lol: CP3 the best in the league right now :lol: yeah right. Bus as far as best PG in the game right now he definitely is I hated how people just put Deron Williams over this guy cause he went down with injury last year. CP3 can do every thing that Deron does but even better. But I will make this statement CP3 > Miami Thrice :lol:\

EDIT: I'm just joking about the CP3 > Miami Thrice thing. Had to give this warning so no Heat fan get up all on me.

Edited by magicbalala245

Guest The REAL STL10

:lol: CP3 the best in the league right now :lol: yeah right. Bus as far as best PG in the game right now he definitely is I hated how people just put Deron Williams over this guy cause he went down with injury last year. CP3 can do every thing that Deron does but even better. But I will make this statement CP3 > Miami Thrice :lol:

If CP3 does go to the Knicks...

CP3+Melo+Amar'e > LeBron+Wade+Bosh

He's making a case for the best player in the league right now. Yea, over Kobe, Wade, Durant and LBJ he's been that good. He's been nothing short of sensational when he's healthy. Has been that way all throughout his career.

So, there's this guy named Magic Johnson...

You may have heard of him...

If you wish to compare numbers, Chris Paul has a superior career PER with 25.6, while Magic's was 24.1. Chris Paul's career best PER was 30.0, while MJ's was 27.0. CP3 wins the numbers game.

CP3 has miles and I mean miles to be even consider a 10 guard of all time let alone best of all time here's a stat that why no one comes close to Magic Johnson

Guest The REAL STL10

If you wish to compare numbers, Chris Paul has a superior career PER with 25.6, while Magic's was 24.1. Chris Paul's career best PER was 30.0, while MJ's was 27.0. CP3 wins the numbers game.

LOL, didn't know we were picking one stat....

Magic vs. CP3

http://i55.tinypic.com/15rh5hc.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/33jmv5h.jpg

CP3 has miles and I mean miles to be even consider a 10 guard of all time let alone best of all time here's a stat that why no one comes close to Magic Johnson

Jason Kidd has a ton of triple doubles too. Does that make him the second best?

The only stat that matters...

Magic 5 Rings

CP3 0 Rings

Championships are a team accomplishment. Magic Johnson was on better teams, therefore he was a part of more championships. That does not make him a better individual player.

• Owner

I am glad everyone is re-recognizing CP3 as a top 5 player in the NBA, maybe this year he'll get the MVP he should have gotten 3 years ago.

If getting the MVP is about being the best player in the NBA, CP3 has yet to deserve one.

• Like 1

Well, I honestly don't think it is so crazy when you disregard legacy/accolades (which is the only thing many people will consider when this kind of topic appears). I think, after Magic, you can make a very strong case for Paul being the greatest PG to ever play the game. He can score at impressive volume (23PPG just 2 seasons ago) on pretty amazing efficiency from all areas on the floor, he is an incredible playmaker who can rack up a ton of assists while turning the ball over at a lower rate than every single great PG in NBA history, he is up there as arguably the best rebounding PG currently in the league, he is a very good defensive player who has already led the league in steals twice, he is money in the clutch and he is a very good on-court leader. I really don't think I've seen any non-Magic Johnson PG have it all truly together like Paul does (and you can make a case he's more well-rounded than Magic even due to his 3pt shooting).

The issue with calling him a better player than Magic, besides legacy, is Paul just doesn't make the same kind of impact. Magic had that huge size advantage at the PG position, which allowed him to see the court better than Paul, post up smaller defenders, and most importantly his size/rebounding ability gave the Lakers a HUGE advantage on the boards. If you look at the stats, the Lakers always had a monster advantage in the rebounding department virtually every year Magic was on the team (including the years when Kareem was only grabbing 6 per game or retired completely). He was also incredibly clutch, was a better pure passer than Paul, could score at volume with very good efficiency, he racked up a bunch of steals just like Paul, and he proved he could dominate games and carry teams in the post-season (an area Paul still has to prove himself).

But yes, I said it all last year and in the off-season, Paul is insanely good, clearly the best PG in the NBA, and without a doubt is right near the Kobe/LBJ/Wade tier, and a notch ahead of the Howard/Durant tier.

Guest The REAL STL10

Championships are a team accomplishment. Magic Johnson was on better teams, therefore he was a part of more championships. That does not make him a better individual player.

Show me a CP3 MVP then?

Where are they?

Magic has THREE MVP's

3>0

Come on, Chris Paul hasn't done [expletive] in the league yet. What has he won? What has his team done? Nothing. Lemme know when he leads his team to something noteworthy.

Led his team to within a game of the Conference Finals IIRC which is pretty remarkable considering his team. He's lead that franchise back to relevance and considering his supporting cast throughout his time in NO, that's a tremendous accomplishment. He made Tyson Chandler and David West relevant NBA players. Hell, he made West an All-Star! Once he leaves or gets a legit big man/number 2 option people will realize how special he is.

I didn't realize overall playing ability is defined by the number of triple doubles a player has gotten. I'll keep that in mind.

It is if you wanna compare CP3 to being a top PG of all time. That's how dominate Magic was. 138 triple doubles in his career is just flat out ridiculous. And yes championship's do matter they change a person perception on that star player.

Edited by magicbalala245