Packers release Al Harris

Lkr

Harris had been on the PUP list after tearing the ACL, the LCL, the IT band, the fibular collateral ligament and the hamstring in his left leg last November.

At 36, I'd be shocked to see him playing at a high level in the NFL again. Best of luck to him, though.

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Seattle+Seahawks+v+Green+Bay+Packers+lM5PdSAvzC6l.jpg

Never will forget that game-ending INT return against the Seahawks. He's one of my favorite players to ever play in a Packers uniform that I've had the enjoyment of watching, definitely sad to see him go. I wish him luck with wherever he goes, and hopefully he doesn't sign with the Eagles, because I don't want him to play against us in the Playoffs if we both make it. Go somewhere in the AFC! Lol, or just retire as a Packer?

• Like 2

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Seattle+Seahawks+v+Green+Bay+Packers+lM5PdSAvzC6l.jpg

Never will forget that game-ending INT return against the Seahawks. He's one of my favorite players to ever play in a Packers uniform that I've had the enjoyment of watching, definitely sad to see him go. I wish him luck with wherever he goes, and hopefully he doesn't sign with the Eagles, because I don't want him to play against us in the Playoffs if we both make it. Go somewhere in the AFC! Lol, or just retire as a Packer?

Finally, someone else that appreciates Harris and his contributions to the team! He is one of my favorite players, and I am sad to see him get cut. I'm hoping maybe he will heal up and the team may resign him since we don't have a lot of depth on defense right now.

Veteran cornerback Harris taking his talents to South Beach

Veteran cornerback Al Harris has signed with the Miami Dolphins, who released former first-round pick Jason Allen.

Harris, a Florida native, practiced with Miami on Wednesday, two days after being released by the Green Bay Packers. Harris' agent, Jack Bechta, told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that Harris also drew interest from the Minnesota Vikings, Detroit Lions and Houston Texans.

The 35-year-old Harris hasn't played since he tore three different ligaments in his left knee and his hamstring during a game last November.

Harris started 102 games for the Packers from 2003 to 2009.

Allen, the 16th overall pick in 2006, has struggled to shake the label of draft bust. He won a starting job in training camp this season but was replaced last week by Sean Smith.

Allen started 19 games in his five seasons with Miami.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c01879/article/veteran-cornerback-harris-taking-his-talents-to-south-beach?module=HP_headlines

Eh, we'll see how it works out. Vontae has been solid but all our other db's have been up and down. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start opposite Vontae when he gets healthy.