The OFFICIAL Call of Duty: Black Ops Thread

NomarFachix

I have to go to sleep, wake up, eat breakfast, go to a 3 hour class, and drive all the way back to Philly before I can get this surely amazing video game adventure. I am totally anxious, like a kid before Christmas.

Anyone going to the midnight release? Going to be freaking awesome, I can't wait... lol. There's a hacker perk where you can hack into the opponents killstreaks and make it your own, I can't wait to see all the new [expletive].

If people who play on XBOX and PS3 want to leave their usernames, I'll update this initial post with gamertags/usernames.

VIETNAM, BABY!

I've had it since Friday. I got my Xbox 360 modded, and the game is pretty sweet. I'm not going to log on until about 12:30 E.T. just to play it safe, but the weapons are cool.

You can't use killstreaks to get other killstreaks though. The killstreaks only go up to 11, and if you want to get the 11 killstreak you need to get 11 kills on your own with no other killstreaks being used. The game is more balanced this year.

Also, the gunship for killstreaks is absolutely orgasmic. Good luck getting away from it. :lol: .

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Will be getting it tomorrow morning, then playing splitscreen with my friends all day. Can't wait.

And yeah, that Hacker perk is def gonna be mine.

Ghost is gonna be gay.. -_-

Im waiting until tomorrow.

They made quickscoping impossible, you have to zoom in for 2 seconds or more so your bullets actually go where you want, if not, the bullets go like 10 feet off of where you are aiming. Guess I can't have fun with snipers anymore. Oh well, onto the assault rifles I go.

They made quickscoping impossible, you have to zoom in for 2 seconds or more so your bullets actually go where you want, if not, the bullets go like 10 feet off of where you are aiming. Guess I can't have fun with snipers anymore.

Good, quickscopers were freaking losers.

EDIT: I mean full offense to any of you who quickscoped in any video game ever.

Edited by IllWill21

I quick scoped, kinda, but i actually looked in the scope and tried to hit my opponent, as opposed to put my crosshairs over them and doing the quick little LT RT real quick. Good thing they changed it, makes it a lot more realistic. I'm having my mom pick it up for me tomorrow and I'll be home Friday to finally be able to enjoy it, gonna be a longgggggggg 3 days...

I absolutely hate people who quickscope. It is really stupid, and unrealistic.

It's a video game, bringing up the "realistic" argument leads nowhere as i could name multiple aspects of this game that are unrealistic.

I quickscope, dont really see a problem with it. MW2 made it easier, but regardless, unless someone had an aim bot or was really amazing at it, a quickscoper is probably the easiest player in the match to kill. When you die from someone quickscoping it's usually your own fault as 1) you didn't see him, or 2) your aim is horrible. Also I heard they made the scope in time to like it was back in COD4, so SOH Pro does nothing, If the zooming in takes you 10 ft away from the target, added with the delay of the scope, it renders sniping useless unless you want a bunch of guys sitting back and scoping in all day. That said, if what they said they were doing for sniping is true, why even have em in the game -_-.

Anyways, i have high hopes for this game, but at the same time i'm kinda nervous about the killstreaks, IMO, the way it's set up it promotes camping even more so, hopefully i'm wrong.

Snipers are in the game to perform the traditional role of a sniper rifle... Not much else to say, lol.

Lol seriously, some things I can see being unrealistic, but snipers, snipe, they hard scope, and camp, thats what snipers do.

Lol seriously, some things I can see being unrealistic, but snipers, snipe, they hard scope, and camp, thats what snipers do.

lol, i know that's what they're supposed to do, i dont mind that, but calling out people who quickscope and saying it's an " unrealistic" aspect of the game as a reason you despise it is a terrible excuse.

Do you rock glitch and tell people that the rest of the game is unrealistic anyway, so who cares?

Quick sniping is lame, it's for lames, and it will forever be lame. Thrilled they fixed it in this game, but now the ubernoobs will just look for something else to exploit rather than playing the game right, lol.

It's a video game, bringing up the "realistic" argument leads nowhere as i could name multiple aspects of this game that are unrealistic.

I quickscope, dont really see a problem with it. MW2 made it easier, but regardless, unless someone had an aim bot or was really amazing at it, a quickscoper is probably the easiest player in the match to kill. When you die from someone quickscoping it's usually your own fault as 1) you didn't see him, or 2) your aim is horrible. Also I heard they made the scope in time to like it was back in COD4, so SOH Pro does nothing, If the zooming in takes you 10 ft away from the target, added with the delay of the scope, it renders sniping useless unless you want a bunch of guys sitting back and scoping in all day. That said, if what they said they were doing for sniping is true, why even have em in the game -_-.

Anyways, i have high hopes for this game, but at the same time i'm kinda nervous about the killstreaks, IMO, the way it's set up it promotes camping even more so, hopefully i'm wrong.

I agree with this, someone good at quickscope isn't as valuable as someone good with an assault rifle. Either way tho, it was never half as bad as the noobtubing in the last Modern Warfare.

Do you rock glitch and tell people that the rest of the game is unrealistic anyway, so who cares?

Quick sniping is lame, it's for lames, and it will forever be lame. Thrilled they fixed it in this game, but now the ubernoobs will just look for something else to exploit rather than playing the game right, lol.

lol wut? No i dont glitch, i play COD for fun, just because i'm defending something you dont like doesnt mean i glitch and say everything is "unrealistic anyways". It's a video game and quickscoping just so happens to be fun.

You say they're "fixing" it, but fixing what isn't broken is pointless. I'd be hard pressed to see you find guys who quickscope have a 2 K/D or higher, because i don't know anyone on consoles who do. There's no distinct advantage of quickscoping so i dont really understand why people hate it so much lol.

lol wut? No i dont glitch, i play COD for fun, just because i'm defending something you dont like doesnt mean i glitch and say everything is "unrealistic anyways". It's a video game and quickscoping just so happens to be fun.

You say they're "fixing" it, but fixing what isn't broken is pointless. I'd be hard pressed to see you find guys who quickscope have a 2 K/D or higher, because i don't know anyone on consoles who do. There's no distinct advantage of quickscoping so i dont really understand why people hate it so much lol.

Quick scoping is really taking advantage of a glitch in the game play development, this is only proven by the fact that they took it off in this game...

• Like 1

Quick scoping is really taking advantage of a glitch in the game play development, this is only proven by the fact that they took it off in this game...