The OFFICIAL Call of Duty: Black Ops Thread

NomarFachix

So, um Galil + Red Dot + Silencer = rape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2-tsHnawXE

And I love the new reticles and colors

I use the same set-up as you do with the Galil, and it's very good.

It was a good video, and I'm glad you weren't camping like a [expletive] because I absolutely hate campers.

The one thing I don't like about this game is that they make it too hard to kill people sometimes. It has a Halo type feel to it versus the typical Call of Duty feel, but I'm starting to get better after my abysmal first few days where I never really went positive.

Also, I know what you mean with the K/D ratio and W/L ratio. I think the gameplay would vastly improve if they just got rid of K/D ratio's because people would play the game the way it should be played if they didn't have to "protect" their K/D ratio, although a lot of people play for that reason.

I did GB with my friends, seeing as we wrecked everyone lives online. Then we got to GB and the last team we played last night made us look like we were playing with our hands tied behind our backs. We got spanked, I don't get how some people get so good at a game that JUST came out.

I played a kid today who was level 43 on the first prestige, you have got to be [expletive]ting me... I have been playing way more than I should be, and I'm like 35 pre-prestige. Dude can't have left his basement since release.

Yea, thats a bit much. I haven't played as much as I would in the past, but I played pretty much all day yesterday and I am only rank 30.

This game is sick guys. I got it Tuesday and I played the campaign before any Multiplayer. The story is awesome. Has anyone completed it and seen the ending?!

My first multiplayer game wasn't bad, I hate the default guns they give you, but I leveled up three times in the first match. But what's the deal with the COD money stuff?

I played a kid today who was level 43 on the first prestige, you have got to be [expletive]ting me... I have been playing way more than I should be, and I'm like 35 pre-prestige. Dude can't have left his basement since release.

I haven't played nearly as much as a did for Modern Warfare 2 and I'm level 26. I know that's not high, but level 43 isn't THAT much.

A lot of kids at college have nothing to do in between classes and just play COD to pass the time.

I haven't played nearly as much as a did for Modern Warfare 2 and I'm level 26. I know that's not high, but level 43 isn't THAT much.

A lot of kids at college have nothing to do in between classes and just play COD to pass the time.

He's 43 on first prestige. So he's actually a level 93 (50 to prestige).

Trust me when I say the leveling gets brutal from 25+ :)

I have never been much into prestige. I don't see the point in wasting 3 days of your life and then having to restart all over again just so you can have another emblem and an extra custom class. I only really use like 3 classes anyways.

The only prestige symbols I have ever liked are the 9 in COD4, the 9 in MW2, and the 12 in Black Ops looks cool (I think), but I am not gonna waste my life trying to get a stupid little symbol next to my name in a video game.

I wanna know why drop shotting is playing like a [expletive]. 1 on 1 gun fights, I'll lose 50% of the time. I'll give myself that advantage, and it's stupid not to.

This reminds of the guy who hides in the corner with a claymore calling it "strategy"

Played my first few games

0-1 on beach map just joined a game in process and got killed - Lost

went 7-10 on villa for my first real game - Won

then 25-7 on the map where it is night out - Won

then 2-12 a forrest map I tried using a sniper -_- - Won

then 18-19 on nuke town, map is nuts - Won

so I'm 4-1 with a 52-48 K/D so far :)

I drop shot, and I used to quick scope. Those aren't cheap tactics or an exploit to the game. Not everyone has the ability to quick scope, not everyone has the ability to drop shot correctly. Everyone has the ability to camp in a corner with a claymore, shoot a noob tube, lunge with a knife, and all that. However, those things weren't addressed for that exact reason.

If you have the ability to avoid death, why wouldn't you use it?