Its time...

Flash

So, if Riley steps in, who will take the blame for another 8-6 run? Just curious.

I'm going with the role players.

The players, of course. I think you are underestimating how much heat the players have been receiving (except Wade, and to a certain extent LeBron). If the players can't buy into a proven HoF coach's philosophy and motivation, then this thing needs to be blown up.

Just so you guys know, I am still 100% behind Spoelstra.

I feel Spoelsta has done a fine job overall, though the only decision I do not agree with is the decision to bring Joel Anthony off the bench... and especially the decision to not play him at all. The Heat have actually played worse since then. Now that they have Dampier, though, perhaps Spo will consider starting him instead.

I am also not at all concerned with the Heat' record thus far. The Heat have been the #1 ranked team in SRS up until the loss to Indiana, where the team came out completely flat with no sense of urgency throughout the game - most likely not Spo's fault.

Despite that, the Heat are still the top ranked team in SRS in the East. The only reason the record doesn't reflect the ranking is due to their schedule, which will even out during the course of the season. Still, being so high in the rankings with only having a hand full of players returning from the previous year is quite a remarkable feat. Much credit to Spoelstra is deserved.

And still to come.. as chemistry develops, players find their comfort zone in their roles, tweaks are made to increase efficiency, and all the new members of the team buy into Spo's system.. that's when the Heat will be a true force, and both the record and the rankings will reflect that. Even without Haslem and Miller.

Just so you guys know, I am still 100% behind Spoelstra.

I feel Spoelsta has done a fine job overall, though the only decision I do not agree with is the decision to bring Joel Anthony off the bench... and especially the decision to not play him at all. The Heat have actually played worse since then. Now that they have Dampier, though, perhaps Spo will consider starting him instead.

I am also not at all concerned with the Heat' record thus far. The Heat have been the #1 ranked team in SRS up until the loss to Indiana, where the team came out completely flat with no sense of urgency throughout the game - most likely not Spo's fault.

Despite that, the Heat are still the top ranked team in SRS in the East. The only reason the record doesn't reflect the ranking is due to their schedule, which will even out during the course of the season. Still, being so high in the rankings with only having a hand full of players returning from the previous year is quite a remarkable feat. Much credit to Spoelstra is deserved.

And still to come.. as chemistry develops, players find their comfort zone in their roles, tweaks are made to increase efficiency, and all the new members of the team buy into Spo's system.. that's when the Heat will be a true force, and both the record and the rankings will reflect that. Even without Haslem and Miller.

I thought you were never coming back to post again.

So, if Riley steps in, who will take the blame for another 8-6 run? Just curious.

I'm going with the role players.

The players. At that point you'd have to decide whether to stick it out another season, or if not just blow the thing up. However, I don't think it'll get this bad under Riley. I really believe he's the right coach for this team.

Did you guys see Spo's halftime speech against Boston? The guy sounded like he was reading a eulogy.