5 NBA Avatars (I'm New at This)

The Lone Granger

I'm very new at trying to make Avy's so I am just posting these and hoping you'll bear with me.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs987.snc4/76087_1579552202423_1044205389_31473046_3243322_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs394.snc4/45675_1479122291738_1044205389_31273674_7869984_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs573.ash2/149506_1579546202273_1044205389_31473037_1051339_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs998.snc4/77118_1579547762312_1044205389_31473041_3570851_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs935.snc4/74854_1579547082295_1044205389_31473040_8197716_n.jpg

What do you guys think of these?

i like the stuckey, jones, an kobe ones the most.

No doubt those were my best ones. I think I figured out at least how to make them look fairly decent, but I'm not that good at adding things in. All I can do is switch up the lighting a little bit to add effects.

Dude no offense, but these are google pics and cut... I can do these in my sleep. There's nothing to "think about these" besides "great cut"?

If you want an honest assessment.

Leave the kid alone. He clearly adjusted levels, brightness and hues of the pictures. It's not much, but don't act like you are some type of graphics king that actually knows what the [expletive] he is talking about.

I have played around with PS before... I clearly know how to adjust brightness, hue/ saturation [expletive] and cut an already hue-adjusted picture off google :lol:

I suck at it, but I can do what he did after 5 bottles of beer.

What are you blind? He clearly stated he's new at Photoshop in the title.

You're a clown, atleast provide him with some constructive feedback on how he should try and improve.

And I really don't care what you can and cannot do in Photoshop, the topic is not about you. [expletive]ing self-absorbed [expletive].

• Like 3

What are you blind? He clearly stated he's new at Photoshop in the title.

You're a clown, atleast provide him with some constructive feedback on how he should try and improve.

And I really don't care what you can and cannot do in Photoshop, the topic is not about you. [expletive]ing self-absorbed [expletive].

I said it's an honest assessment. It's not like he added text, blurred the image, or added layers.

To The Lone Granger, you got a long way kid, if you create a thread for cutting google pics and adjust the brightness/ hue/ saturation. I mean, the point is, I suck at graphics myself, but I can do what he did in my sleep and do not create threads asking what people think... it's a damn google pic and you just cut it, and adjust the damn hue... what's so damn hard about it?

It's no big deal though... but I would also like to say, "good start".

I mean, the point is, I suck at graphics myself, but I can do what he did in my sleep and do not create threads asking what people think... it's a damn google pic and you just cut it, and adjust the damn hue... what's so damn hard about it?

Once again, I DON'T GIVE A [expletive] WHAT YOU CAN OR CANNOT DO.

He said he's new to the whole graphics game and to bear with him, so what did you gain by shooting him down?

What did he gain by your useless comment? God, I wish you would just shut the [expletive] up sometimes.

snake, you gotta start somewhere even if it just learning to crop a image or play around with the lighting. you cant just open up Photoshop and become advanced at it, iv been using it for 2 years now and im still learning the basics

coming in here saying you can do better than him it isnt helping the guy at least try to give him some constructive criticism if not gtfo

The point is, there's no skill to this whatsoever that it's pointless to go asking people what they think.

If he had added layer, actually done something to the picture... but looked like [expletive], then he could make a thread asking for people's opinion for improvement. But since what he did (cutting pics, adjusting hues) was what literally ALL people can do in their sleep, what's the point of making threads? Because there's no improvement graphic experts like you can suggest to him...

---

Let me put it this way: EVERYone can cook instant noodles... just damn boil water and put the noodle, mix with seasoning, and voila... But NOT EVERYone can make pasta with pasta sauce. If someone (no matter if it's their first time cooking) goes around saying, "I just made instant noodle!! What do you think??" THERE IS NOTHING TO THINK ABOUT IT... EVERYONE CAN MAKE INSTANT NOODLES. EVEN IF IT'S YOUR FIRST TIME.

Now if he had tried cooking pasta in his first try cooking and it tastes like [expletive], then he can ask people and people will comment, "well maybe you put too much of this, add a bit salt and pepper, etc." Now then, it makes sense to ask people, because there'll be feedback to it.

But you don't get feedback to something that EVERYone can easily do.

But since what he did (cutting pics, adjusting hues) was what literally ALL people can do in their sleep, what's the point of making threads? Because there's no improvement graphic experts like you can suggest to him...

And yet I did suggest something to improve his work. Even if it is just simple stuff, he learned that .png's save as higher quality images than .jpegs do.

I just don't understand what you gained by coming in here and shooting him down. If you don't have something constructive to say, shut the [expletive] up.

I'm not shooting him down... everyone here is saying, "I like the Chris Paul one"... "I like the Danny Granger one"... as if they were graphic arts.

I just don't understand it.

I can cook bowls of instant noodles now, something that YOU ALL HERE can do in your sleep, and asking you all here what do you think of my noodles? I then receive comments such as, "I like bowl #1"... "I like bowl #2"... when they all taste the same, and have 1 thing in common: you all who like my noodles can do exactly what I did. It's a 2-3 min job that EVERYone can do. There's no sense of skill, effort to it for the creation to deserve any "score".

Comments like, "thanks for the noodle... what? You want me to comment on it? They're just instant noodles, with prepared seasoning and instructions... I can do it in my sleep. There's nothing SPECIAL to it. (ROFL!)" would make a lot more sense.

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

Lol, okay I'm done trying to explain this to you.

You are just so [expletive]ing thickheaded you never understand anyone else's perspective.

OMG, would you stop with the damn noodles?! This is graphics not [expletive]ing microwavable food. Stop trying to apply analogies to every damn situation you dumbass.

Edited by Guru™
  • Like 2

Typically AVs are 50x50, 75x75, 100x100, 125x125, 150x150. So try using any of those sizes.

Boom, right there. I also provided a great suggestion and useful tip on making AVs as did Guru. So I'm not sure why you're coming in here trying to be a douchebag. Who cares if he did just cut images out of Google and adjusted the hues, he wanted feedback on it, why shouldn't we give him feedback? So what if it's one of the most simple things to do in photoshop, that's NOT the point of this topic. The point of this topic is that he wants feedback. I wouldn't care if he did even less than just cutting an image out from google and adjusting the hue. If he wants feedback on what he can do better, you should give him some feedback, not be a douchebag saying "I can do that in my sleep, what you did was so easy, *insert idioticy comment here*".

So try thinking before you go down playing something you [expletive], otherwise just don't post in the topic to be a douche.