Who should get the majority of the minutes at PF for the Nets?

fish7718

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Favors has gotten off to a better start than Murphy, however, Murphy is more experienced.

Should the Nets let the 19 year old Favors get more minutes while hampering their playoff chances, or let Murphy start and let Favors progress only get 15-20 minutes a night.

Is it possible Favors gives this team a better chance to win?

Start Favors and play Murphy off the bench. Favors will get into foul trouble throughout the season there's no doubt about that and that's when Murphy will get more minutes. I really would rather develop Favors for the future than to play Murphy and lessen the chances of Favors development.

Why start the older player over the younger one, if the younger one is still playing good basketball. Like someone mentioned, the fouls are off-setting this anyway, they play him as much as they can and keep him on the floor. Like I stated, why would you start the older player when the younger one is playing just as good, and also learning the game as he goes along. For crying out loud he's the #3 overall pick, they better play him if he's contributing well for them.

Why start the older player over the younger one, if the younger one is still playing good basketball. Like someone mentioned, the fouls are off-setting this anyway, they play him as much as they can and keep him on the floor. Like I stated, why would you start the older player when the younger one is playing just as good, and also learning the game as he goes along. For crying out loud he's the #3 overall pick, they better play him if he's contributing well for them.

Because the older one has started in 481 games and is a better fit beside Lopez right now. Also make Favors earn something like overtaking someone of that statures position rather than giving it to them like the problems we had with Sean Williams.

There will be a better picture in a month IMO as Murphy will be adjusted with the team and Avery should have a more consistant picture of who plays when.

• Owner

Because the older one has started in 481 games and is a better fit beside Lopez right now. Also make Favors earn something like overtaking someone of that statures position rather than giving it to them like the problems we had with Sean Williams.

There will be a better picture in a month IMO as Murphy will be adjusted with the team and Avery should have a more consistant picture of who plays when.

I see it that way, but I don't agree with exactly how you apply it to the rotation.

Murphy is an experienced starter. That means he shouldn't lose confidence coming off the bench. The same was assumed of Manu Ginobili and Jason Terry over the last few seasons. Because Murphy is a versatile player (he can really play three positions), you bring him off the bench and maximize his talents.

You don't want to put a brick on Favors' head right now. He has to grow. Part of that growing is developing, and there's no better way to develop than to play with the best players, in the best five. Bringing him off the bench will sometimes give him a role he shouldn't have, push him to be a bit more selfish, and it could really hurt his game down the road. Could anger him. It could even turn him more aggressive in an attempt to impress, picking up even more fouls and getting less minutes.

Murphy can handle the demotion and still play to his abilities, still produce. Favors is way too young for anyone to know that yet, so you have to adjust for him before expecting him to adjust for the team.

I see it that way, but I don't agree with exactly how you apply it to the rotation.

Murphy is an experienced starter. That means he shouldn't lose confidence coming off the bench. The same was assumed of Manu Ginobili and Jason Terry over the last few seasons. Because Murphy is a versatile player (he can really play three positions), you bring him off the bench and maximize his talents.

You don't want to put a brick on Favors' head right now. He has to grow. Part of that growing is developing, and there's no better way to develop than to play with the best players, in the best five. Bringing him off the bench will sometimes give him a role he shouldn't have, push him to be a bit more selfish, and it could really hurt his game down the road. Could anger him. It could even turn him more aggressive in an attempt to impress, picking up even more fouls and getting less minutes.

Murphy can handle the demotion and still play to his abilities, still produce. Favors is way too young for anyone to know that yet, so you have to adjust for him before expecting him to adjust for the team.

You also don't bench a veteran in his contract year especailly with the Nets really interested in keeping him by the sound of it.

Favors has openly talked about how he knows it will take time and understands he isn't going to be Dwight Howard in a year. He had his hot start then cooled down again but says he's learning a lot from the bench as Sam and the rest of the coaches have been talking constantly with him as he gets a first hand look without the negative results.

Like I said with Sean Williams, we put him with the best and it went to his head. You could tell he came into camp without working on really anything because he assumed he would be the day one starter.

I'd rather not rush him especailly since he was known as such a project to begin with.