Jerry Sloan finally to win coach of the year?

Warren2ThaG

Sloan, Coach of the year?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I doubt it, but I chose I don't know man, wow. How can he not have won Coach of the Year yet? He's one of the best coaches, and longest tenured coaches as well. Very sad to see that he still has not won that award yet, they should just give it to him this year simply because he's deserved it on numerous occasions before.

He should have gotten the award at least once before, most notably when the Jazz finished close to .500 without Stockton and Malone for the first time in x years.

If the Jazz keep piling up the W's though he have a great chance.

Impossible to tell now...

But I'm honestly starting to believe that he's never gonna get it... Among the greatest coaches of all time he's the only one who never won it, it is really outrageous...

He should have won it a long time ago. The years the Jazz made their only Finals for example... Though it's hard to go against Riley (in 97) and Bird (in 98)... The Heat were absolutely nothing before Riley's arrival and he made them a top Eastern team, they even won more than 60 games that year. While Bird did a fantastic job for his first year in Indiana, the 98 squad is even the best Pacers team ever in the NBA. And he did this with the same group of players who didn't even make the playoffs the year before... Too bad that Bird decided to stop coaching after the 2001 Finals.. But he couldn't stand being a coach, he couldn't stand the pressure on the bench.

Well back to Sloan I still can't believe that he didn't win it those past couple of years. The funny thing is that he could have won it twice in a row, the jod he's done despite all the Jazz's injuries is beyond belief... Brooks deserved it too last year though. But I would have given it to Sloan nonetheless. In fact he especially should have won it in 2009. I mean I ain't saying that Brown's defense was a horrible coach, his defense brought a lot to Cleveland but due to the fact that he literally sucks offensively I certainly don't think that he deserves to be COY. Sloan should defiitely have won.

Well as I said I'm really starting to wonder if he'll ever win that trophy...