Should Roy and LaMarcus Switch Roles?

With Roy having a ton of pain in both his knees and with him wanting to play less, is it time for Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge to switch roles on the team? Should LaMarcus be our go to man now? He's been stepping up his game greatly this year and I honestly see him getting up to around 20+ ppg and 10 rpg when the season is over. Just run our offense through Aldridge and when it comes down to it, have Roy finish the games for us.

Thoughts?

Not yet in my opinion. Roy has still been playing fairly well with the knee injuries, so I think he can keep it up. Trust me, you'll see when he's no longer to be the #1 option. Unless the reason your bringing this up, is to try to take the stress off of his knees some so he can be the #2 option for longer? I don't know, I don't think Roy really wants the Blazers to baby him. If I had to take a guess, he's going to play through it, and he'll be able to play at a high level for the rest of his career, just may need some extra rest throughout the season. He may also retire early simply because knee injuries affect your entire life, not just basketball. Tough for the Blazers to hear though, especially after that big contract.

so Aldridge should be Mr 1st 2nd and 3rd quarter while Roy is Mr. 4th quarter and the closer?

i don't watch much of the Blazers so i never knew that Aldridge was the closer in the first place... but if he was then i would have to ask why Roy hasn't always been the closer?

but to answer your question of "should they switch roles" id have to reply with... whatever keeps Roy healthy AND productive.

if Roy is able to stay healthy enough to get on the floor then you want him on the floor right? not if he isn't productive. im not sure if he is the type to force shots just to "get his"... but if he is that type of player then 1. i want him on my fantasy team and 2. he belongs on the Blazers bench.

eh.. im probably rambling at this point but... IMO... bottom line is if Roy is able to be healthy AND productive then he needs to be in whatever role allows him to remain that way.