Blazers Knew About Roy's Knee Problems

The Trail Blazers were aware that Brandon Roy had bad knees when they drafted him in 2006, and they knew he had no meniscus left in either knee when they gave him a five-year, $82 million maximum contract last summer, team president Larry Miller said on Thursday.

Roy, 26, is sitting out the second of three consecutive games tonight because of swelling and pain in his left knee. Roy revealed last week that after his 2008 surgery on his left knee, and the 2010 surgery on his right knee, he no longer had meniscus in either knee.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2010/11/blazers_president_larry_miller_1.html

if i recall correctly (lol this is surprising since i hardly payed attention in class) but having no meniscus means that he has nothing to absorb any shock to the knee, makes sense now that he said a few games ago that he didnt want to have his knees drained because it hurt more, the fluid in his knees probably worked as something to absorbed all the shock to his knee

iv just blown myself away with knowledge :lol: