Hornets trade Peja, Bayless to Toronto

I think that would be great for the Raptors. Even though it's the beginning of the season, Jack is still disappointing me because I really had high expectations for him this season. Calderon is a bad defender but he's playing well and I think he deserves the starting role this year. Giving up Andersen Banks and Jack wouldn't really bother me. Getting a great 3 point shooter like Peja and a great athletic and young player with a lot of potential like Bayless would really satisfy me. He would make a great job off the bench being the back up point guard.

Here is what I said in the other thread! I'm happy with that trade. Let's hope Bayless will really help us though because Jack will surely be missed

• Owner

Looking at this for the Hornets, they bring in a defensive-minded point that is a willing passer, and that doesn't mind taking open jumpers if he's asked to be a spot-up shooter. Bayless attacks the rim and would rather score the ball.

Peja is a contract, and that's about it. He hasn't been doing anything for the Hornets this season, with the exception of a few points here and there and really bad defense.

Banks doesn't stand out, really, but he plays defense as well. Andersen is another six fouls.

It's a really good deal for the Hornets.

I have always been a huge fan of Bayless. He will get his chance in Toronto now with how thin we are at PG after this deal. It really sucks we couldn't unload Jose instead though. Jose has been better than Jack this year, but that contract is a killer.

I like this deal, hopefully we buy Peja out though or that is just another guy eating into the minutes on the wing.

Looking at this for the Hornets, they bring in a defensive-minded point that is a willing passer, and that doesn't mind taking open jumpers if he's asked to be a spot-up shooter. Bayless attacks the rim and would rather score the ball.

Peja is a contract, and that's about it. He hasn't been doing anything for the Hornets this season, with the exception of a few points here and there and really bad defense.

Banks doesn't stand out, really, but he plays defense as well. Andersen is another six fouls.

It's a really good deal for the Hornets.

Don't forget to mention the fact that Chris Paul and Jarrett Jack are really close friends. I'm sure that was a huge part of this trade. It doesn't hurt that Jack is a great backup point guard either.

I actually think Andersen might be a pretty good player for New Orleans. I was pleasently surprised by him so far this season as he is a very good shooter who makes a large majority of his open shots. With a playmaker as good as Paul on the roster, he will be getting a lot of good looks on the perimeter and could prove to be a nice asset assuming he continues to knock down open jumpers.

I also think that Jack will play a lot better in New Orleans than he did in Toronto. You could tell he was fed up with the losing he has experienced throughout his career and he started to sulk and chuck with the Raptors. I'd expect the change of scenery and playing on a winning team will definitely rejuvinate him and he will play more like he did last season than the start of this season.

New Orleans gets the luxury tax as well, I think. Never a bad idea to get under the luxury tax in a trade that you are getting the best player in, as well as possibly becoming a better team.

In a related note, this is the 2nd time that Jack and Bayless have been traded for each other and neither of the original two teams were involved. I found that pretty interesting.

Edited by Built Ford Tough