Lockout Could Send Jennings Back to Europe

Jenneral

Bucks guard Brandon Jennings wants to play in Europe if there's a lockout in the NBA next season.

Jennings spent a year playing in Italy prior to being drafted by Milwaukee in 2009.

"Teams are asking the NBA legal minds for direction on whether players are allowed to sign overseas during the lockout, a very complicated matter that won't be settled anytime soon but internally is already being closely watched as an important issue," writes Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com.

RealGM

Interesting thought... I wonder if this would be allowed.

• Owner

The lockout will be temporary, so I don't see how they would work this out. They aren't going to close it up for a full NBA season...the league would lose too much money, and so would the players. Both sides would break.

The lockout will be temporary, so I don't see how they would work this out. They aren't going to close it up for a full NBA season...the league would lose too much money, and so would the players. Both sides would break.

Agreed both sides will meet in the middle, it all will work out.

This is the same thing that happened in the NHL. The NBA, as it stands, is in a way better position than the NHL was in terms of negotiating a new CBA. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a temporary lockout, but nothing more than a shortened season is what I expect. The NBA's CBA doesn't NEED to be overhauled like the NHL's did, I would love a hard cap, but the NBA doesn't necessarily need one, and the hard cap is why the NHL lockout lasted as long as it did anyways; the NBA should not have this problem.

Jennings back to Europe=Bucks back to underdogs

I don't know what that's supposed to mean, they're underdogs in the East even with Jennings. A Jennings-less Bucks is arguable one of the worst teams in the league. Bucks are having a tough time scoring as it is, I can't even begin to imagine the struggles they would go though without Jennings.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jennings back to Europe=Bucks back to underdogs

I'm with Confidence. The Bucks are already the underdogs in the East. They made the play-offs but lost in the first round and Jenning-less Bucks are the worst team in the league not the underdogs.

Edited by AllenIverson#1fan