Best Record in Basketball

I am surprise that the Spurs and Hornets are killing in the West right and making a competition between the Lakers, I thought both teams will fall to the bottom at the beginning of the season but I thought wrong. It kinda gives me chills as a Lakers fan.

if this spurs team stays healthy they are IMO the only legit threat in the West to contend with LA in a 7 games series. (Especially if Bynum doesn't come back)

The Spurs still don't have a answer for Kobe (who does?), but they finally have added more size to thier front court. Mcdyess, Blair (I know not that much size) Splitter, Duncan, and Bonner are enough bodies to put on Gasol, Odom, and Bynum. Spurs also have an improved bench to help keep up wih the Lakers bench. james Anderson, Gary Neal, George Hill, Tiago Splitter, Dejuan Blair, Danny Green. I'm not saying the Spurs would win, but it wouldn't b a cakewalk to the Finals like most people thought before the season started.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised how great they've looked so far, especially on the offensive end. They are also doing a whole lot of damage without relying much on Duncan, which will be a huge plus as the season moves forward. However, I am still skeptical of if this team can continue to stay healthy, especially the big 3. If Pop can manage their minutes and they enter the post-season healthy, they are definitely going to be the 2nd best team in the West.

Ya, I'm a little surprised, but we shouldn't be. We've seen what a Duncan n Pop team can do for a while now. They're good. More than that tho is that they know that their window is closing after this year. I'll bring up a quote from Tony Parker real quick:

No, he’s going to play two more years, but I think realistically, to go after a championship, I think it’s our last chance, like a realistic chance. Everybody says they want to win a championship, but it’s only 4 or 5 teams that can really win a championship, and I think next year is going to be our last chance.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/blogs/the-links/2010/06/links-qa-with-tony-parker/

So they're playing motivated, and it's not a surprise because a healthy Spurs have always been capable of taking out any team in the league . The real surprise tho is NO.

I am a bit surprised too... but I think they just clicked and had that chemistry they didn't have last season.

Richard Jefferson is playing a lot better this season than last season, guys without the ball seem to know better where they should move. They remain dangerous from outside with Manu, Jefferson, Hill, they can pass the ball as a team, and it seems like they make a concerted effort to crash the boards as a team e.g. guards are helping the bigs rebounding the ball because Timmy is old and 2nd yr guy Blair is crashing the boards but they still need help in that department.