Griffin's 44-15 puts him among the elite

• Owner

Only three other rookies have put up 40 points and 15 rebounds (or more) in a game since the NBA/ABA merger.

Michael Jordan (1984-85)

Shaquille O'Neal (1992-93)

David Robinson (1989-90)

Stick Blake Griffin on that list after tonight.

Freaking amazing. I reckon if he can keep this up and get around 20 PPG or something then I'll give him ROY over Wall.

Both have been amazing but Griffin has just been... wow. Highlight plays every single game lol.

Blake Griffin should already be consider an NBA star player, this Clippers franchise will be one of the top 10 teams in a couple of years. Griffin just seriously surprised this year, coming back from a injury, may forgot about him and thought it was all gonna be John Wall this year but nope.

Could Blake Griffin easily win ROTY?

That's a season worth of highlights all in one game, dude is absolutely amazing. First the 31 rebound game to Love, now this, the Knicks love to be part of all these records. :lol:

Lol yeah Knicks always love to be part of record! what about the Kobe's 61 points

Griffin really is pretty amazing for a rookie. He's not just extremely athletic/explosive, but he is also more polished than I expected. He has a few post moves, decent touch around the rim, is amazing on the fastbreak, and he also has some decent passing ability (a huge rarity for young big men). He is also terrific on the boards, and like I said during his first game, he is likely going to lead the league in offensive rebounding very soon with his awesome hustle.

However, as long as Wall keeps up what he is doing, I'd have to give ROTY to him. He is leading the league in steals with over 3 per game, is hovering around 19PPG and 10APG, throwing in 4 boards, and his team so far is having more success than the Clippers are (and personally I think he just makes a bigger impact than Griffin). But, it's going to be an awesome race, and both plays have extremely bright futures.

Anyone else think this is going to be the closest race for ROY in recent memory? I'm hearing it every night these two (Wall and Griffin) play, "I gotta give it to him after seeing him play tonight." Both are phenomenal players that will be superstars very, very soon.