Coaching Carousel

The Great iBoldin

Two coaches are down already due to complete ineptness and inability to properly coach their respective teams. While there are many, many bright minds on the horizon, most of the time you can't fully recognize them with the current brigade of dumbasses running teams.

Here are coaches that very likely will get canned at the end of the year. Not by my choice, but what will likely happen.

- Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati

- Gary Kubiak, Houston

- John Fox, Carolina

Coaches that have a very good shot at being canned.

- Norv Turner, San Diego (Especially if they miss the playoffs)

- Jason Garrett, Dallas

- Lovie Smith, Chicago

- Mike Singletary, San Francisco

Long shots to be fired, but possibilities nonetheless.

- Chan Gailey, Buffalo

- Josh McDaniels, Denver

- Tom Cable, Oakland

- Mike McCarthy, Green Bay (Probably the least likely)

- Raheem Morris, Tampa Bay

12 of the 32 teams currently have potential coaching problems. That's ridiculous and reflects very poorly on front offices across the NFL. Job security however is very high, as I see 8 jobs that are safe as can be (NE, NYJ, PIT, BAL, NYG, NO, ATL, AZ) with balanced parity. Leaving 12 jobs ranging from close to "safe as can be" territory to "another season could spell the end" territory.

With that being said, there are a long list of candidates looking to be comforted with a new head coaching job. I've compiled a list of who I think are the very best candidates for head coaching spots this season.

Coaches with previous HC experience

- Brian Billick

- Bill Cowher

- Tony Dungy

- Jon Gruden

- Mike Holmgren (Only in Cleveland)

Current HC who could find another job

- Norv Turner

- Jason Garrett

- Jon Fox

- Mike Singletary

No HC experience

- Perry Fewell, New York

- Leslie Frazier, Minnesota

- Russ Grimm, Arizona

- Mike Pettine, Jets

- Brian Schottenheimer, Jets

- Rob Ryan, Cleveland

- Mike Zimmer, Cincinnati

- Winston Moss, Green Bay

- Hue Jackson, Oakland

A fairly in-depth list but as you can see there really aren't any of those star minds on the market right now, as they've been snatched up the past few years. I can also see Stoops and Harbaugh from the college ranks as well. Perhaps even Marc Trestman from Montreal in the CFL, he was interviewed for the Raiders job and consistently has the top offense in the CFL ever since he's taken over. But he's a long shot at best.

Share your thoughts on whose going to go where, add a coaches name to the pot, anything.

Long shots to be fired, but possibilities nonetheless.

- Chan Gailey, Buffalo

- Josh McDaniels, Denver

- Tom Cable, Oakland

- Mike McCarthy, Green Bay (Probably the least likely)

- Raheem Morris, Tampa Bay

12 of the 32 teams currently have potential coaching problems. That's ridiculous and reflects very poorly on front offices across the NFL. Job security however is very high, as I see 8 jobs that are safe as can be (NE, NYJ, PIT, BAL, NYG, NO, ATL, AZ) with balanced parity. Leaving 12 jobs ranging from close to "safe as can be" territory to "another season could spell the end" territory. Coaches with previous HC experience

- Brian Billick

- Bill Cowher

- Tony Dungy

- Jon Gruden

- Mike Holmgren (Only in Cleveland)

Current HC who could find another job

- Norv Turner

- Jason Garrett

- Jon Fox

- Mike Singletary

No HC experience

- Perry Fewell, New York

- Russ Grimm, Arizona

- Brian Schottenheimer, Jets

I don't really see how Morris or McCarthy's jobs are in jeopardy, or even have the slightest chance. They'd have to literally lose out in order for that to happen. Both have had tremendous coaching jobs this season so far...

And Tom Coughlin's job is certainly in jeopardy if the Giants go 2-6 again the second half of the season. They might bring him back for another year based off injury, but if they team ends up 8-8 or even worse 7-9 he's most definitely gone. I would not call his job safe.

And the 3 above definitely deserve first time HC jobs. Fewell has proved to be a capable defensive coordinator the past few seasons, Russ Grimm should've gotten a shot a while ago, and Schottenheimer is a very good offensive coordinator and a bright young mind (although he does get too conservative at times IMO with Sanchez)...

Edited by JYD

Raheem Morris and McCarthey's jobs are DEFINITELY not in any jeopardy right now. I did a lot of hating on McCarthey earlier in the season, but he has won me back.

I don't see how you could put Morris or McCarthey on that list and not Eric Mangini either. But what Morris has done in Tampa Bay is fantastic. They went from worst to first, if you really think he'll get canned for that, then I'm not sure if we see eye to eye.

Edited by Lkr

Raheem Morris and McCarthey's jobs are DEFINITELY not in any jeopardy right now. I did a lot of hating on McCarthey earlier in the season, but he has won me back.

I don't see how you could put Morris or McCarthey on that list and not Eric Mangini either. But what Morris has done in Tampa Bay is fantastic. They went from worst to first, if you really think he'll get canned for that, then I'm not sure if we see eye to eye.

Yeah I have no idea what he's getting at lol. And with all of GB's injuries McCarthy has done very well.

Sorry I'm posting from my iPod so the above reply looks stupid. MCCarthy has very little chance to ne fired but i just listed it as a possibility. I don't think his jobs in danger.

Raheem Morris isn't the reasons for the turn around but he's played a little role. His head couldve been chopped off after last years abomination and it's still a possibility depending what happens. Like I said though those are definite long shots.

Sorry I'm posting from my iPod so the above reply looks stupid. MCCarthy has very little chance to ne fired but i just listed it as a possibility. I don't think his jobs in danger.

Raheem Morris isn't the reasons for the turn around but he's played a little role. His head couldve been chopped off after last years abomination and it's still a possibility depending what happens. Like I said though those are definite long shots.

Coaches are judged based on their success and failures (aka wins/losses) because as a fan we really have no other way to define them. Raheem Morris has done a pretty damn good job in TB this year.

By record he has, but he makes stupid challenges, doesn't open the defensive playbook often enough and still too green. He was hired too quickly and that's why the Bucs will likely keep him.

At the end of the day, guys are judged only on wins/losses/playoff/super bowl victories. no one cares, as fans, about the rest...

Yeah, to the fans but not necessarily what the front office. You've seen guys get canned for reasons unknown. I was simply saying that there is a possibility Raheem Morris is canned. I said it was a long shot and that it likely wouldn't happen.

Maybe it's just my personal opinion then.

Mike Singletary is going to get canned before the end of this season. Offensively nothing changed even after the firing of Jimmy Raye, the 49ers are running the same dismal offense. I used to give him props for his ability to motivate his players, but even that has been lost this season.

Mike Singletary is going to get canned before the end of this season. Offensively nothing changed even after the firing of Jimmy Raye, the 49ers are running the same dismal offense. I used to give him props for his ability to motivate his players, but even that has been lost this season.

All they have to do is fix penalties, score some points, play some defense, and they'll be in the playoffs.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

• 2 weeks later...

I highly doubt that Kubiak gets canned this year, or at least I don't think he should be on the 'most likely to get canned' list. He hasn't been able to lead this team over the hump yet, but he has built this team to be pretty damn good, and I don't think that the Texans will be that aggressive and fire him like that unless they finish 6-10 or worse.

McDaniels just got the axe. I'd expect Fox and Singletary along with Lewis to be gone at this point. Jim Caldwell should feel his seat getting hotter as well.

No chance Caldwell goes, not with the slew of injuries they've had. Also, Singletary was given a vote of confidence as the GM (I think) said that he won't be fired this season. With the team at 4-2 following the 0-6 start, I don't see Singletary gone. Fox and Lewis will most likely be gone after the season is over, though.

I'll update this in a few minutes, just watching the rest of the SEC Championship game then I'll do some editing.

As for Singletary, there is no way they should keep him around, he's useless. We are talking about a coach that is going back to Alex Smith in the biggest game of the season in all likelyhood (have read several reports). He's just not a good coach, and the 49ers aren't in a position where they can use a coach that is more motivator then coach. I would keep Singletary if the 49ers were contending for a Super Bowl, but they aren't, and won't be until they start fresh with competency at quarterback.