Jerryd Bayless

headliner

Jerryd Bayless

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k512/headliner25/PHI_6_112410.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px8ePBMhgvk&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M8q7q0ZfK8

Since Bayless is new to the Raptors and I believe he is a young exciting point guard I thought I'd start tracking Bayless game by game.

Here are his stats from his first game as a Raptor:

14:55 minutes 4-7 FGM-A 3-3 3PM-A 2-2 FTM-A 2 Assist 13 PTS

He had a decent first game and I'm looking forward to seeing more out of Bayless.

Edited by headliner

Bayless thankful to be a Raptor

Bayless has been looking for what he calls “a real opportunity” in the NBA since the day he was drafted by Indiana and subsequently flipped to Portland minutes later.

In his first season in the league in Portland he was buried under Andre Miller and Brandon Roy and stuck in a half court offence that didn’t take advantage of his speed.

To say minutes were hard to come by for Bayless in Portland is like saying rebounds are a little tough to come by with Reggie Evans lurking in the paint these days.

A trade to New Orleans got Bayless closer to an up-tempo game but with Chris Paul dominating the minutes at the point, there was little room for Bayless to even carve out a small niche for himself.

So when word first filtered back to him about a move to Toronto, Bayless all but jumped up and called the airlines himself.

“It was like: ‘Thank you.’ ” Bayless said. I don’t want to bring religion into it but it was like: ‘Thank God, finally.’ ”

Bayless has heard all the stories about the exaggerated tax horrors that await an NBA player coming to Canada for the first time or the bi-weekly travel hassles clearing customs every road trip brings. He doesn’t care about any of it.

THE SUN

Really happy to have him as a Raptor. He's explosive and really fast and will help us off the bench. Sad to see Jack leave but I'm happy to see Bayless with us. I always liked him as a player and he had a really good first game. Now, let's see how he will perform tonight against a harder elite team that is one of the best defensive team of the league.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This kid is taking full advantage of the shot he is getting in Toronto.

"It was embarrassing... I don't like it. I'm not used to it. It's not something I'm going to stand for"

"We have a long ways to go.. (Ed Davis) does.. I do.. Demar does... Everybody does... It's not fun losing like that... It's embarrassing.. Something I'm not used to.. No one should be used to this.. We gotta get here we gotta start practicing better.. We can't do this"

The kid wants to win and get better, I like him. Hopefully he can continue to improve.