Iguodala Wouldn't Be Surprised By Trade

76ers forward Andre Iguodala doesn't expect to be in Philadelphia much longer.

"I would love to stay in Philadelphia, but if I'm playing somewhere else, I definitely understand how that could happen. I know how the business works," Iguodala told FanHouse.

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Iguodala_Andre_phi_100104.jpg

"You have to be prepared for anything in this league. And I am. It's one of the first things you learn when you get here. Guys get traded on draft night."

Iguodala, playing in his seventh season, has spent his entire career with the 76ers.

If Philadelphia fails to make the playoffs, it'll mark the fourth time in Iguodala's seven seasons. He has never advanced past the first round in the postseason.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70274/20101127/iguodala_wouldnt_be_surprised_by_trade/

Unfortunately I agree. Iguodala has been a huge part of the 76ers ever since Iverson left to be honest, and maybe even for the year before that, but his time is definitely drawing to a close in Philly. Now that the 76ers have Evan Turner, who will take Iggy's place, they can look to deal their best player to get a lot of young talent or maybe cash room? I'm guessing young talent. Their lack of success this year almost sells the fact that he'll be out of town fairly soon. What teams could you guys see being interested? I'd love to think that the Pacers are going to make a good offer for him, but I don't think we have enough. Maybe a Dahntay Jones, Brandon Rush, and 1st round pick type of deal? Don't know what Philly would say to that, but who do you guys see him going to?

Thoughts?

Of course he shouldn't be surprised. This team is a mess, nobody should be surprised to be moved. Him especially since he probably has the most value to a team looking for one final piece to put them over the top.

Andre Iguodala in the last seven years has not argued about being traded or has upset his teammates, media, or fans. Hes a very well patient guy who loves to play the game of basketball. A player like Iguodala is very rare to see if you ask me, less than 7 years players around the league would complain. Andre is settled well, only four times in the playoffs and eliminated in the first round; you gotta say that is hard to understand and try to not be mad about.

Iguodala deserves a much better team, I'm hoping he is traded before the trade deadline.

Everyone keep in mind....I doubt the Sixers are going to get screwed over here. If they wanted to trade him just for the sake of trading him, I think he'd be gone already.

But then again, you never know with the Sixers!

Battier plus a little something more.....Morey get it done!

Unless we can get him on the cheap I'd much rather just wait a couple more weeks till we at least try to trade for him. If Yao isn't healthy then Iggy will push us to being a borderline playoff team (at least in the West) and that absolutely ruins our draft position. IMO we need to see how the Rockets perform and how healthy Yao will be before making a big move. Even then I'm not sure if Morey will be able to obtain him as he's been trying pry him from Philly since last season and to no avail.

Anyways I think its becoming blatantly obvious that Iggy needs to go if Turner is to develop into the franchise player he was hyped up to be. Yesterday he was 0-2 for 0 points, it was his third game this season without a point

The Raptors welcome him with open arms ;)

Jokes apart, this is not surprising for me. I really expected to hear these type of news since Evan Turner came and joined the Sixers before September. He was huge for the Sixers but now, Turner and him don't mesh up well together. Philadelphia wants to build around Turner now and when Iggy will leave, Turner will get more opportunities to score the basketball and be the star. It's good to see that all these news don't make Iggy play bad. He focuses more on the game than anything else and that's huge for him and the Sixers