Randy Shannon Fired

Lkr

Doesn't Miami already have Teddy Bridgewater committed in this class? He's the number one QB in the country, I believe. Obviously that depends on if he keeps his commitment which is impossible to tell at this point, but there's hope for a better QB. LSU is one of his options so hopefully he backs out and heads to BR! If not, we'll "settle" with Zach Mettenberger and Stephen Rivers.

No way Richt would leave Georgia for Miami unless he is shown the door.

If they offer him enough $ these people will go anywhere.

Shannon seemed to get great recruiting classes every year at Da U...and did nothing with them. He had plenty of time to make the team a winner and 28-22 with that amount of talent is just unacceptable...I'm sorry.

If they offer him enough $ these people will go anywhere.

Shannon seemed to get great recruiting classes every year at Da U...and did nothing with them. He had plenty of time to make the team a winner and 28-22 with that amount of talent is just unacceptable...I'm sorry.

They can't give him the money Georgia can. No way you would leave an SEC power for the fourth best team in Florida either.

They can't give him the money Georgia can. No way you would leave an SEC power for the fourth best team in Florida either.

Why would UGA extend him? Richt also played for The U so there's your answer. USF won't beat us ever again with a competent coach.

Gruden is at the top of Miami's list right now, I know that for a fact. The only question is whether or not we can we afford him and does he want to go back to the NFL.

Doesn't Miami already have Teddy Bridgewater committed in this class? He's the number one QB in the country, I believe. Obviously that depends on if he keeps his commitment which is impossible to tell at this point, but there's hope for a better QB. LSU is one of his options so hopefully he backs out and heads to BR! If not, we'll "settle" with Zach Mettenberger and Stephen Rivers.

Bridgewater is like Jacory's twin. They came from the same exact high school, and they do the same things. We need a QB who can stay in the pocket and not make stupid throws. All of our problems were Jacory's turnovers, always putting our defense in tough situations.

Why can't they give him more? How do we know that? And it's not like we're talking UCF or Florida International here. It's Miami. It's "DA U." They have a rich history. They could easily go back to being the best team in Florida and the best team in the country. Lets not act like it's the most difficult job in the world to sell recruits on Miami...c'mon dude.

Why would UGA extend him? Richt also played for The U so there's your answer. USF won't beat us ever again with a competent coach.

Gruden is at the top of Miami's list right now, I know that for a fact. The only question is whether or not we can we afford him and does he want to go back to the NFL.

What is with the entire afford issue? Miami is really that broke? :lol:

And Gruden in Miami would definitely be interesting.

Terrific article on Shannon's firing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ACC/post/_/id/19181/firing-of-randy-shannon-was-inevitable

Why can't they give him more? How do we know that? And it's not like we're talking UCF or Florida International here. It's Miami. It's "DA U." They have a rich history. They could easily go back to being the best team in Florida and the best team in the country. Lets not act like it's the most difficult job in the world to sell recruits on Miami...c'mon dude.

What is with the entire afford issue? Miami is really that broke? :lol:

And Gruden in Miami would definitely be interesting.

Terrific article on Shannon's firing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ACC/post/_/id/19181/firing-of-randy-shannon-was-inevitable

Well from what I've heard, money isn't an issue right now for us. We're offering 3M a year from what I've heard and that's been comfirmed. The question is whether or not Gruden takes an NFL job and funding for a full staff.

UGA can afford more than Miami, they have more money. Richt isn't going to leave a traditional power for a team that doesn't sell out their stadium and doesn't have close to the fan support UGA has.

LMAO, traditional power? Miami's not a traditional power? 5 national titles compares to UGA's 3. Richt played at Miami and is on his way out at UGA. People aren't assuming he'd leave the UGA job for Miami, its that he's going to get fired after going 6-6 this year.

LMAO, traditional power? Miami's not a traditional power? 5 national titles compares to UGA's 3. Richt played at Miami and is on his way out at UGA. People aren't assuming he'd leave the UGA job for Miami, its that he's going to get fired after going 6-6 this year.

UGA was around before the 80s, making them a traditional power. He isn't going to be fired after beating Tech last night. The fact that he got them to a bowl game in a rebuilding year means he won't be fired.

UGA was around before the 80s, making them a traditional power. He isn't going to be fired after beating Tech last night. The fact that he got them to a bowl game in a rebuilding year means he won't be fired.

UGA shouldn't have to be stuck in rebuilding mode, same with Miami or any other powerhouse school, especially in the SEC. Hell, even Urban is feeling some heat up at UF. 6-6 is unacceptable at UGA just like 7-5 is unacceptable at Miami. UGA is going to lose AJ Green now and will be mediocre again next year. There comes a point in time where its just time for a change.

• Like 1

Dan Mullen isn't going to leave Miss St. Don't let rumors get your hopes up.

Why wouldn't he? Miss. St. is never going to be anything in the SEC, no matter how hard he tries. He can do major damage at a school in the ACC, with a better recruiting base like Miami does. If we throw 3M a year at him I think he'd seriously consider it.

Lots of reports coming out that we're close to a deal with Gruden that could reach 4.5M a year with incentives.

UGA can afford more than Miami, they have more money. Richt isn't going to leave a traditional power for a team that doesn't sell out their stadium and doesn't have close to the fan support UGA has.

They may have more money (although idk how you'd know that ?) but Miami has just as much or bigger football reputation then Georgia. They're both traditional powers...but Da U has produced the most big name NFL players...they definitely have a big fan base...there are just more big schools in FLA now with the emergence of USF and UCF as well.

Agreed...although I'm not sure he'll be fire. But well said otherwise.

So? Da U was pretty good in the 80's, 90's and early 00's. They are definitely at this point considered a traditional power in CFB. I don't think Richt will be fired, I agree with you there.

Dan Mullen isn't going to leave Miss St. Don't let rumors get your hopes up.

Agreed. I think he's trying to build the program at Miss St