Randy Shannon Fired

Lkr

http://www.tharinger.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.png

per steve gorten

I'm told by a #UM source that #Auburn off. coordinator/QB coach Gus Malzahn wants the job, but the #Canes want head coaching experience

lol JYD, big fan base? They sellout as many games as the Marlins do.

We're a small [expletive] private school in Miami which is the furthest thing from a college town. Not some gigantic state university like USC, UF or FSU with a huge student body and a gigantic alumni base. I agree, fan support should be better but when Miami is winning, the fans show up. Just look at the OB up to 05.

I don't get what your doing in this thread besides knock Miami every chance you get. You've added nothing.

Anyways, us turning down Gus freakin Malzahn better mean we're hitting a homerun with this hire.

Edited by Flash

<br>I've simply stated facts.  Richt isn't going to Miami, which is a third fiddle school in the state of FL.  Sorry that the truth hurts your feelings?<br>
<br><br>No one said Richt to Miami, but if he gets canned from UGA then Miami could definitely be a landing spot for him either as a HC or OC. Third fiddle that has more tradition than the other 2 combined lol. We're having a better season than UF is too even with our struggles. You have no clue about what you're talking about.<br> Edited by Flash

If you had more tradition than the other two schools, you could sell out games every week like the other two do. UF blows but there are still 100k at their games every week.

Are you stupid bro? Gainesville is a college town, has a massive student body, massive alumni base and there's nothing in that town besides UF. Same goes for FSU.

You do realize that Miami has nowhere near the same sized student body right?

lol @ either of those schools having anywhere near the tradition that Miami has.

Edited by Flash

If Miami had tradition, they would have fans.

What is your excuse? Dolphin Stadium isn't on campus? Miami is a private school? USC is a private school and the Coliseum isn't on campus. Notre Dame is a private school. Both teams suck, one is ineligible, and they still sell out with no problem. That is tradition :lol:

There is nothing else in Tallahassee? Really? Last I checked that was the state capitol, there must be SOMETHING there.

Edited by Lkr

What is your excuse? Dolphin Stadium isn't on campus? Miami is a private school? USC is a private school and the Coliseum isn't on campus. Notre Dame is a private school. Both teams suck, one is ineligible, and they still sell out with no problem. That is tradition :lol:

There is nothing else in Tallahassee? Really? Last I checked that was the state capitol, there must be SOMETHING there.

USC has a student body of 34,000. Miami's is 15,000. That has a lot to do with it as well as USC being on top of college football for close to a decade now and having 1 of the best college coaches ever coaching them and now a very good one in Kiffin. Miami has been mediocre since 05..when attendance started to dip. Again though, attendance doesn't mean one team has more tradition than another. Tradition is national titles, Heismans etc.

You really know nothing about the state of Florida do you...Tallahassee is a dump lol including FSU and so is G-Ville outside of UF, which is beautiful. Have you ever been to Tally? FSU is the only thing there. Of course they're going to sell out all their games.

• Like 1

5 National Titles, 2 Heisman winners, 35 consensus All-Americans and countless NFL players ain't bad for a school that was irrelevant up until the 80's.

Obviously USC has more tradition than Miami, they've been playing for much longer and have won many more games and national titles. No one is debating that lol. That's also a huge part of their attendance as well.

How far is the Colosseum from USC's campus?

Edited by Flash

5 National Titles, 2 Heisman winners, 35 consensus All-Americans and countless NFL players ain't bad for a school that was irrelevant up until the 80's.

Obviously USC has more tradition than Miami, they've been playing for much longer and have won many more games and national titles. No one is debating that lol. That's also a huge part of their attendance as well.

How far is the Colosseum from USC's campus?

Miami should still be selling out though. Even if there are only 15,000 currently enrolled, that adds up with alum, so I don't understand.

The Coliseum is a good mile, mile and a half from campus, but both are in shady parts of town, so even I am confused as to how it remains to be a draw for people :lol:

Even if there are only 15,000 currently enrolled, that adds up with alum, so I don't understand.

Miami's student body has a ton of people from out of state and our alumni base is spread out across the country so we really don't have as many alumni in Miami as people think.

I've simply stated facts. Richt isn't going to Miami, which is a third fiddle school in the state of FL. Sorry that the truth hurts your feelings?

Lol...Miami was the best team in Florida for years man. It's only recently the past 7 or 8 years that they've tailed off. C'mon dude. Did you not watch football before 2005?

Miami has tradition. LOL. They are the most traditional school but whenever you have tha many NC's and that many players in the NFL, you have tradition and a recruiting base. They are consistently in the top 15 in recruiting classes each year. And Flash has already stated most of the points as to why they don't have as big a fan base as some of the other top programs in the nation.

Back to the actual topic now. Very interesting news coming form out west that Gruden is off limits from the media this weekend and there's a ton of reports coming out about him and Miami.

We'll just have to wait and see now I guess.

Lots of smoke out there with Gruden. He would've flat out denied it by now if there wasn't mutual interest. I'm not getting my hopes up, but there were more than several trusted UM insiders saying that it was a done deal.

If Gruden falls through I think you have to go Gus Malzahn or Dan Mullen.

Lots of smoke out there with Gruden. He would've flat out denied it by now if there wasn't mutual interest. I'm not getting my hopes up, but there were more than several trusted UM insiders saying that it was a done deal.

If Gruden falls through I think you have to go Gus Malzahn or Dan Mullen.

Several trusted UM insiders told you that it was a done deal?

Several trusted UM insiders told you that it was a done deal?

There's only about 5 trusted insiders when it comes to UM, 3 of them post on the Scout boards and yesterday all 3 confirmed that he signed.

Not only that, but MNF's "Chalk talk" was canceled today IIRC and there's rumors that Gruden was on campus today around 1PM. We had a press conference scheduled for 2PM today but called it off but no one knows why.

Like I said, there's too much smoke here for there not to be any fire.