Reid Chews Out Jackson After Loss

The Regime

News Journal - Eagles coach Andy Reid chewed out wide receiver DeSean Jackson following the team's loss to the Bears on Sunday, according to multiple team sources.

Jackson, one source said, had irritated Reid by having a loose demeanor before the game and not taking pre-game drills seriously.

Jackson and Michael Vick also had what looked like an emotional discussion.

After the game, Jackson sat in front of his locker with his face buried his hands for about 20 minutes and had to be consoled by several teammate.

He has just eight catches for 76 yards since his game-opening 88-yard touchdown against the Redskins three weeks ago.

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/19428/20101129/reid_chews_out_jackson_after_loss/

This isn't a big deal as a negative. Sometimes players need to hear that they are playing poorly

Well, you're right that this probably isn't a big deal, but it is very strange. Everybody who saw this said they had never seen Andy this upset. The anger seemed to carry over into his press conference too. In 11 years of watching boring Andy Reid press conferences, I have never seen him as pissed off as he was last night.

Well, you're right that this probably isn't a big deal, but it is very strange. Everybody who saw this said they had never seen Andy this upset. The anger seemed to carry over into his press conference too. In 11 years of watching boring Andy Reid press conferences, I have never seen him as pissed off as he was last night.

In a way, I kinda like that Andy is finally showing that he does have that fire in him.

A lot of guys are saying that the media is overblowing the D-Jax part. Most are saying that Andy was pissed off, but it was directed at everybody. He might have singled out DeSean, but he singled out a bunch of other guys too. Only reason DeSean's name is attached to this is because he didn't man up afterwards and refused to talk to the media.

Edited by Phightins

A lot of guys are saying that the media is overblowing the D-Jax part. Most are saying that Andy was pissed off, but it was directed at everybody. He might have singled out DeSean, but he singled out a bunch of other guys too. Only reason DeSean's name is attached to this is because he didn't man up afterwards and refused to talk to the media.

Well I think Reid has a reason to be pissed off, I watched the game and it looked like everybody outside of Vick, McCoy, Maclin, and Avant didn't care much about it. The entire defense seemed very lethargic, they were letting Cutler look like Peyton Manning out there on a good day. Not to mention the Bears have one of the worst offensive lines in the league. I thought for sure the Bears wouldn't be able to get any sort of decent ground game going, much less protect Cutler for that long.

Well I think Reid has a reason to be pissed off, I watched the game and it looked like everybody outside of Vick, McCoy, Maclin, and Avant didn't care much about it. The entire defense seemed very lethargic, they were letting Cutler look like Peyton Manning out there on a good day. Not to mention the Bears have one of the worst offensive lines in the league. I thought for sure the Bears wouldn't be able to get any sort of decent ground game going, much less protect Cutler for that long.

I agree with this. But as I was saying, it is just kinda weird because Andy has never been that kind of coach. It's kind of refreshing to see, honestly. Just very un-Andy.

I agree with this. But as I was saying, it is just kinda weird because Andy has never been that kind of coach. It's kind of refreshing to see, honestly. Just very un-Andy.

Yeah, he's usually very calm and collected. He probably was angry because he knew his team should, and could have won.