Craig Brackins to D-League

Phightins

I think this happened yesterday but I forgot to post it...

Rookie forward Craig Brackins, who has played in just one game so far this season, has been sent to play in the NBA Developmental League for five games with the Springfield Armor.

Brackins, who scored six points in 10 minutes of action last Wednesday in Toronto, was very excited about the chance to get some playing time.

"I'm excited about it," Brackins said. "I'm going to work on a lot of stuff that I need to work on."

Collins has often said that this is a "redshirt" year for the 6-10 Iowa State product. Brackins owns a deadly outside shot, but needs to work on his defense and strenght, according to his coach.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sixerville/Sixers_send_rookie_forward_Craig_Brackins_to_NBA_Developmental_League.html

I guess it's a good thing that he will get to play, but honestly I don't see why they can't work him into the lineup here. I'd understand if this was a competitive team and there just weren't minutes for him, but this is a terrible team and a lost season, so I'd just give the kids a chance. But admittedly, the NBA is not my strong suit and I am not totally sure about how this stuff is usually handled, so I guess it's not a huge deal.

• 1 month later...