SEC Championship: #19 South Carolina vs #1 Auburn

Lkr

Scam Newton can do all he wants in College. Too bad he probably won't do much of anything in the NFL.

Idk. I think he'll be decent in the pro's...idk about a superstar.

He's gonna be a first rounder.

Doubtful. His mechanics (specifically footwork) are not that great. He's a better passer then Vick,Tebow and VY coming out of college though. So, it's possible.

No doubt at that, but he'll probably pan out exactly like Vince Young has.

I dunno, he seems like a much better passer than VY was coming out of Texas and less of a headcase. I really like Newton as a pro prospect.

I agree. I think he'll be a decent pro not great though. I always thought VY would be awful in the Pro's...so far I've been right. That ugly [expletive] throwing style and he's retarded.

I'm not going to argue with your other posts in here, but how have you been right about Vince Young? Besides his perceived attitude, his on field performance has been fin.

I don't follow him or the Titans at all but once he hit the NFL I haven't heard about his skills on the field, only his attitude problems.

I think Cam Newton is going to be perfectly fine in the NFL wherever he ends up. He does things with his arm and his athleticism that I haven't seen since Vick. I mean this kid has everything scouts drool over physically. The size is unmatched and so are his feet in most cases.

He has an absolute cannon for an arm and does good things with it. Beautiful ball placement on deep throws, can get the ball to basically any space on the field. Needs refinement on his footwork as he tends to throw off his back foot or flat footed too much but that's also an attribute to his arm and the time he gets from his offensive line and the system as well.

And I get what everyone is saying in that you do need to watch him, even somewhat nurture him for a few years. He's a confused kid in some ways. When you have a father that has a hand in basically prostituting you for his own personal benefit, it's tough. He's been in some rough situations and that could have a mental toll if it were to happen again. But this is something that can be fixed and even nullified by Newton in interviews at the combine and his pro day.

This kid has all the tools to be a Ben Roethlishberger type player in the league. Very athletic, big body with a big arm who can get away from pressure. I think he is going to be a great NFL player, but some may not agree with me. Some may suggest that he will either be great or a bust, and nothing in between. I don't necessarily buy that but I can see it.

In the end, I think we should all just have fun watching Newton play in the NC Game and ultimately in the NFL.

Doubtful. His mechanics (specifically footwork) are not that great. He's a better passer then Vick,Tebow and VY coming out of college though. So, it's possible.

He's 18 on Kiper's big board already, and that'll only get better after he blows all the QB's out of the water at the combine.

He's 18 on Kiper's big board already, and that'll only get better after he blows all the QB's out of the water at the combine.

Mel Kiper is an idiot!

How does a guy who never even played HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL analyze who will get drafted in the NFL!?

Also, remember when Marshall Faulk got drafted 2nd overall by the Colts?

Well, Kiper decided the Colts reached and should've taken "FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK" Trent Dilfer instead of reaching for Faulk.

I never trusted a word that MORON said after that...

BTW, what does he spend more on?

His hair gel or his suits?

I'm not going to argue with your other posts in here, but how have you been right about Vince Young? Besides his perceived attitude, his on field performance has been fin.

It hasn't been good...It's wildly inconsistent.

Mel Kiper is an idiot!

How does a guy who never even played HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL analyze who will get drafted in the NFL!?

Also, remember when Marshall Faulk got drafted 2nd overall by the Colts?

Well, Kiper decided the Colts reached and should've taken "FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK" Trent Dilfer instead of reaching for Faulk.

I never trusted a word that MORON said after that...

BTW, what does he spend more on?

His hair gel or his suits?

Kiper is pretty good tbf. Of course he's going to get some right, and some wrong...come on man. No one is perfect in scouting players, it's impossible.

It hasn't been good...It's wildly inconsistent.

Kiper is pretty good tbf. Of course he's going to get some right, and some wrong...come on man. No one is perfect in scouting players, it's impossible.

I don't want perfection, I want someone who produces what his job title says.

EXCELLENT mock drafts and analysis.

I don't want perfection, I want someone who produces what his job title says.

EXCELLENT mock drafts and analysis.

Idk I think he's been pretty good. He isn't amazing or some type of genius or anything, but he isn't bad.