What NBA team has the best scouts?

Guest STL10

Spurs by far.

Tony Parker, Tiago Splitter, Manu Ginobili, Goran Dragic, Luis Scola, George Hill, John Salmons, James Anderson, Beno Udrih and Leandro Barbosa all taken within the last 10 or so years, despite them not having a single pick better than 20th overall.

It isn't even close, really.

• Like 3

I'm thinking Knicks because of the Landry Fields, Wilson Chandler, and David Lee picks recently.

You're forgetting about Channing Frye, Jordan Hill, Renaldo Balkman, and that dude from Temple who's name I cannot remember right now...

Also thought of the Spurs right away. Other nominees Thunder and T'Wolves

T'Wolves??? Lol? Kind of a weird pick to me, explain please.

Thunder, Spurs, Jazz are the names that come to my mind.

You're forgetting about Channing Frye, Jordan Hill, Renaldo Balkman, and that dude from Temple who's name I cannot remember right now...

+1

Two of those guys aren't rotation players (is Mardy Collins in the league? He was awful), and one is a niche player in a system perfect for him. So it's the Spurs last decade vs Jordan Hill's future.

If you want in-game scouting, the Lakers are pretty good, and Boston is excellent. Good defense means good players, good coaching, and good scouting.

Two of those guys aren't rotation players (is Mardy Collins in the league? He was awful), and one is a niche player in a system perfect for him. So it's the Spurs last decade vs Jordan Hill's future.

If you want in-game scouting, the Lakers are pretty good, and Boston is excellent. Good defense means good players, good coaching, and good scouting.

:lol: I was pointing out how awful our other picks were considering the guys we passed up on, and YES! Mardy Collins lol thank you

The Knicks have missed on top picks but have scored well on the guys later in the draft...so it's tough to call them the best.

I'd vote for the Spurs. They always seem to find talent anywhere.

Suns are definitely up there although they have traded away some of their good prospects (Rondo, Fernandez). Rockets and Blazers are a few other teams that usually draft well.

^^^^^ I knew you would somehow find a way to mention this. :(

Giving up Scola to keep Francisco Elson was horrible and if you mention it to any Spur fan they usually go into full meltdown mode.

As for the topic yes it is my Spurs. The only recent bust I can think of is Ian Mahinmi. (He still plays garbage minutes for Dallas)