Cesc Fabregas: was he worse than Lebron James?

Dash

This topic might have been better suited during the NBA offseason and World Cup, but I didn't come to realize it till now. For roughly 2 years now Cesc Fabregas of Arsenal FC has lobbied for a return back to his homeland of Spain to play for Barcelona. It wasn't bad as first because most of the rumors were about the two teams (Arsenal and Barcelona) having brief discussions. However, it grew into something so much worse. Fabregas began to become more vocal about his situation in England and constantly threw it on Arsenal fans faces that he didn't want to play here and he's going to eventually get his way. Every couple of days Cesc, his family and associates, and Spanish National teammates had something to throw into the pit of fire much like Lebron James and Chris Bosh. The only difference was that this was a yearlong thing and Cesc didn't leaving us guessing (in a way that was worse), he knew exactly where he wanted to play and he let the entire world know about it: "TRADE ME TO BARCELONA!". Just an absolute nightmare for Arsenal fans and after Cesc and his teammates won the World Cup, they took it a step further. Cesc, Pique and others pranked the entire stadium and the soccer universe that he was traded to Barcelona by putting on a Barca jersey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIyGxr8Dedo

Can you imagine if this stunt was pulled by Lebron James? This would have been much, much worse than The Decision.

After a few weeks after the World Cup, the rumors began to die as it became apparant that Arsene Wenger (thank God too because Barca's offers were weak) was not going to back and Cesc will have to honor the contract that he signed (he expires in 2014). Granted Cesc's attitude has improved and once again he has been phenomenal for Arsenal, but you have to wonder how this situation will play out down the road. Because eventually Barca will have their way as long as Fabregas wants to go back.

i don't know about worse but the situation is pretty bad, i really respect wenger for the way he has handled everything thus far

and it wouldnt be bad if fab was playin at an elite level and still helpin the team win on his way out (like Thierry Henry) but he's been injured and playin average, so its even worse

honestly, i like watchin barca, but i really hate barca and madrid when they start randomly talkin about buyin other teams superstars, its so disrespectful and idiotic..really bothers me when big clubs do that

Edited by Clutch

i don't know about worse but the situation is pretty bad, i really respect wenger for the way he has handled everything thus far

and it wouldnt be bad if fab was playin at an elite level and still helpin the team win on his way out (like Thierry Henry) but he's been injured and playin average, so its even worse

honestly, i like watchin barca, but i really hate barca and madrid when they start randomly talkin about buyin other teams superstars, its so disrespectful and idiotic..really bothers me when big clubs do that

Yeah its why I root against them both in the Champions League. Arsenal for a second almost had Barca's too even without Fabregas, Walcott, Arshavin, etc. Arsenal was completely decimated by injuries during the Champions League and it was amazing to see them be the only English team to make the tournament.

It's more common is soccer because a small market team will never be able to do anything unless they get a multi-millionaire owner. Players want to win, and in soccer, you usually don't have a chance unless you go to a big team.