How many graduates..

Kobe24

How many graduates do you guys think go international and play overseas when they cant make it to the NBA...

I know from last year at UNI (the team that beat Kansas) that Ali Farokhmanesh went to play in Switzerland.. and so did another guy from the team.

• Owner

I'm sure there are a lot. There are guys in the league that made basketball their lives before they reached the pros, and you really have to wonder if they even had a backup plan had they not had enough talent to make it to the next level.

I know one of my buddies went over and played in Belgium. I haven't spoke to him in a while, but I know he's ballin somewhere overseas. Still pissed he didn't get a fair shot at the NBA.

Yeah theres a guy that i played with in the Yleague (against him) and he had a contract in Belgium too. He came back cause his baby mama was about to have her baby and he wanted to be closer.

Its like way to let 1 condom not used ruin ur pro career lol.

Yeah theres a guy that i played with in the Yleague (against him) and he had a contract in Belgium too. He came back cause his baby mama was about to have her baby and he wanted to be closer.

Its like way to let 1 condom not used ruin ur pro career lol.

Lmao Word

TONS of guys go play overseas. It's mind-boggling to me. There are leagues everywhere. I personally know three guys I went to school with who ended up playing in Holland, Finland, and Japan. They're not making a lot of money like players in Spain or Italy or one of the other big name teams like Moscow or Olympiakos but I guess they make enough to still want to play basketball rather than get a real job.

There are just so many leagues in damn near every country. You can find American players playing pro in Europe, Iran, China, Japan, Phillippines, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Australia. Hell, there are guys playing in El Salvador in HS gyms where there are more players on one team than fans watching. Granted these guys are scrubs from D2 or D3 or even JC playing there, but they get paid to play ball.

Personally, if my hoop dream to me to El Salvador, I'd snap out of it and and find another job since the basketball gods are pretty much letting me know the NBA will never happen for me.