Karl Gets 1,000th Win As Nuggets Top Raptors

Nuggets coach George Karl got the 1,000th win of his coaching career on Friday night as Denver defeated Toronto 123-116.

Karl is just the seventh coach in NBA history to record 1,000 wins.

"I just felt together with them, I felt connected with them," Karl said of his players. "A lot of times during an NBA season, the coach and players aren't really connected, they're fighting a lot. This was a moment, not only on the court but in the locker room afterward, there was a great connection."

Chauncey Billups called it "a moment that you'll never forget."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70517/20101211/karl_gets_1000th_win_as_nuggets_top_raptors/

Big milestone, great job and congratulations for George Karl. Couldn't have happened at a better time to a nicer guy. Great to see him get this win.

Thoughts?

This is great for coach George Karl!!! He seems like a great guy and the ultimate players coach. He's one of those guys that you find it hard to hate. I'm an NBA old skool head, so I remember when he was working on this milestone with Payton, Kemp, and Schremph. It's been a lonnggg time coming and I cannot express how proud I am of George Karl. Screw the titles, this milestone is tough to accomplish.

Congrats to Karl...

In 1990s, Karl's Sonics were one of the teams I feared... they had this cockiness and confidence about them... and Karl was still fiery then. I actually didn't like him then.

My feelings have been mixed about him since he's been the Nuggets coach... I thought he was disinterested in his 2nd-3rd year here, and wanted him fired but found he's always been a good leader (apparent how different the team turned when he had to step down to illness last season). I'd rather see Phil Jackson, Gregg Popovich, Pat Riley, or even Doc Rivers coaching the Nuggets... but Karl is pretty damn good.

Edited by Multi-Billionaire