Youngest Starting lineup

headliner

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Jerryd Bayless, 22 years, 117 days; DeMar DeRozan, 21 years, 130 days; Amir Johnson, 23 years, 228 days; Sonny Weems, 24 years, 160 days; and Ed Davis, 21 years, 19 days, represent the youngest starting five ever, averaging 22 years, 239 days.

The previous record-holders? Tracy McGrady, John Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Marcus Camby and Doug Christie on March 22, 1998, a group that averaged 23 years, 95 days.

Surprised Toronto trailed by as many as 29 points and lost its second straight? Coach Jay Triano really wasn’t.

“That’s part of what we’re trying to do, keep these guys going and develop them and make them better basketball players,” he said. “You get a test when you go up against some of the better teams and that’s one of the better teams in the East.”

Bargnani missed his first game of the season after succumbing to discomfort he’s felt for a while, and Triano couldn’t say when he’d be back.

“They were bothering him (Tuesday) morning and he played (Tuesday) night and (Wednesday) he’s worse and can’t go,” Triano said before the game. “He’s going to be evaluated by the doctors tonight and I’m not sure what their next step of action will be after that.”

The Star

I didn’t realize that last night’s game was the youngest lineup that the Raptors have ever started a game with.

Raptors have a great future. We're having so many young players that are really developing since everyone has to contribute to win since Bosh is not here anymore for us. I mean.. yeah we got Bargnani but he's not like CB4..

anyways.. I love having a young line-up. Makes us loose interesting and Raptors are the most exciting team. Gotta love them :wub:

That's youngest ever franchise record, right? Because I think the 2000-'01 Clippers (Lamar Odom, Darius Miles, Q-Rich and Co.) own the NBA record for youngest startin' lineup ever.

Not sure if it is just the franchise record or if it is an NBA record, but the linup that the Raptors had yesterday was probably younger than any lineup that the Clippers started that year considering McCinnis and Olowokandi started every game for them that year and they were 26 and 25 respectively and the Clippers never sent out a starting lineup consisting of Odom, Kandi, Q-Rich, Miles and Maggette, which would've been the only lineup that they could've sent out that would've had a younger average age than the Raptors group last night.

I could be wrong, though. There was one game that McCinnis didn't play in and for all I know they could've sent that group out to start the game, but I doubt it considering Keyon Dooling had one start that year and I imagine it was at the point in the game that McCinnis missed.

Not that it is a bid deal or anything.

I know it’s not a big deal that they put out their youngest starting lineup in franchise history but it was very interesting for me to watch cause as raptors fans we complain a lot that this franchise is not committed to rebuilding for this team to put it’s youngest lineup out their just shows that the team in my mind is on the right path on developing it’s talent.