70 win Spurs?

kingfish

lol

It's possible but I think they'll wear down. They've won the past 2 games thanks to Manu's clutchness and Pop usually rests his top players before the playoffs start.

Actually that is not correct, if anything the starters play more after the Rodeo road trip and ASB.

No chance. the will be very lucky to get to 58 wins. The are playing off of fresh legs right now, it will catch on especially during this stretch.

Sat 22 @ New Orleans

Mon 24 @ Golden State

Wed 26 @ Utah

Sat 29 vs Houston

Tue 01 @ Portland

Thu 03 @ LA Lakers

Fri 04 @ Sacramento

Tue 08 @ Detroit

Wed 09 @ Toronto

Fri 11 @ Philadelphia

Sat 12 @ Washington

Mon 14 @ New Jersey

Thu 17 @ Chicago

Chosenone- that stretch isn't all that bad actually.@ New Orleans, Lakers, Utah and Chicago are really the only tough games. Not to mention Spurs ready beat both NOH

And Utah in the road. I imagine that stretch is the rodeo road trip where the Spurs usually "come together" and play well.

Like I said though, San Antonio won't win 70 games, but they are very capable of winning in the 60's

Ouch, just looked at the games past the Mavericks game.

Vs OKC

@New York Knicks(b2b)

@Boston (b2b)

Seems like the Spurs always play some tough teams on the 2nd night of a b2b. This 8 game stretch is going to be brutal, especially with George Hill likely to miss 3-4 games of it.

In theory anything is possible but I certainly do not believe that they will... First of all there's a reason why there is only one team in the history of the league who's managed to win at least 70 games, this despite all the great teams that we had in the past... Besides I don't know how many times we heard that a team was supposed to win 70 games since the Bulls did it, it was the case once again with the Heat this year (good for the Van Gundy brothers that they're good coaches by the way, cause they sure forget about becoming fortune tellers...) and well the fact is that they all failed. Which is not surprising whatsoever anyhow, I doubt that many people realize how hard it is to lose only 10 games in a 82 game season in fact, what the Bulls did in 96 is just beyond belief. I'm not even sure that another team will be able to do so again, especially considering the fact that there's gonna be more and more teams, talents, and therefore competition in the NBA in the future....

Back to the Spurs this year, well it's true that they've been playing very well so far but I certainly do not think that they will come anywhere close to the 70 wins. I even think that it's gonna be hard for them to win more than 60 games. Sure they've been terrific but I just don't think that it will last. The first reason why I believe that is because, despite the fact that they're not as old as they were not so long ago, well they're still among the oldest teams in the league. And it's impossible for old bodies to play at the same level the whole year long. Manu is the first reason why they've been that great and I doubt that he can play at that level the whole season. He never did anyhow. Manu is injury prone. He's never had a complete season since he's entered the NBA, he's never played 82 games in one season. And I certailny don't believe that he's gonna have his first complete season now, at the age of 33, after a career of multiple injuries, especially that he's playing the most minutes he ever played in his career this year. And their great start of the season made people forget about Duncan, about the fact that he's having so far the worst season of his career, he's getting old and is now totally unable to dominate the game the way he used to.

So, even if it is possible (again in theory anything is possible), I certainly would be VERY surprised if the Spurs won more than 65 games this year. And I even personally think that they'll win around 55 games.

Edited by Oliver P