Vince and Gortat to Phoenix?

Real Deal

WojYahooNBA

Orlando will send PHX Carter, Gortat, Pietrus, a 1st round pick and $3 million for Richardson, Hedo and Earl Clark, source tells Y! Sports.

WojYahooNBA

The Magic will surround Dwight Howard with Arenas, Hedo and Jason Richardson as they try to make themselves title contenders again.

Edited by htown11

Hedo wasn't doing much for the Suns anyway so he was expendable. I'm not so sure why the Suns traded away Jason Richardson, Vince Carter is a downgrade but he's not exactly washed up. Adding Gortat is a big time plus, the Suns really needed a true center who can defend and rebound.

Edited by Confidence

I guess it's a good start for our rebuilding process with a big VC expiring, loved J Rich even though he was inconsistent as hell. We needed a defensive center which we got in Gortat, hopefully it'll reduce Frys playing time. Also got a 2011 1st rounder from the Magic so it was a pretty solid trade.

I'm not quite sure why the Magic want Hedo back. His main strength with the Magic was his playmaking ability, but with Arenas now on the team, that role will not be the same. Also, they have to now deal with his crappy contract, although to be fair it isn't much worse than Gortat's.

Love the VC for J-Rich swap, though.

I woke up this morning all happy and stuff then I turn on the computer happened to open Facebook and some guys talking about some trade on Facebook, I check RealGM and there it is. Wow.

I'm really surprised we decided to trade away Jason Richardson but I guess extension negotiations and all that weren't looking so good between the Suns and him?

It's great that we're getting Gortat, hopefully he does bring the defensive inside presence he wasn't able to show in Orlando. As for Vince I do hope he can perform well, he'll probably be our #1 option on the team so he better not disappoint. Mickael Pietrus isn't going to get as much playing time as he hoped really, we already have a lot of wings and this trade was a 2 for 2 wing trade really. All in all I can't wait to see what happens for both teams, well actually the three teams.

Howard gets help now, gets change. Hedo had nothing left in Toronto, and even less in Phoenix. “They wanted to trade him halfway through training camp,” one league executive said.

Either Hedo or Arenas are going to be relegated to a spot up shooter, one of them will be underutilized. Also does Arenas start at the 2? I just see too many scorers on this roster and not enough role players/defenders.

Nice job by Phoenix dumping Hedo's contract though, hopefully Nash is dealt to a contender. Vince will definitely be a 20 point scorer again though playing with Nash.