Suns Insist 'Nothing Is Going On' Trade-Wise With Nash

Sun Tzu

The Suns insist that they aren't looking to trade Steve Nash.

"Agent Bill Duffy tells Y! Sports Suns owner Robert Sarver has assured him that "nothing is going on" trade wise with Suns star @SteveNash," Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports wrote on his Twitter page.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70665/20101219/suns_insist_nothing_is_going_on_trade_wise_with_nash/#ixzz18cIM0OMD

Felton and an expiring for Nash, let's go people.

Are you serious? You would trade a young pg who has flourished in the Knicks offense for a ageing Nash whose got maybe 2-3 years left in him. Felton is also two times the defensive player that Nash is, the last thing the Knicks need is another defensive liability.

Edited by Confidence

Are you serious? You would trade a young pg who has flourished in the Knicks offense for a ageing Nash whose got maybe 2-3 years left in him. Felton is also two times the defensive player that Nash is, the last thing the Knicks need is another defensive liability.

Yes, I would trade Felton for Nash in a heartbeat and then move whatever it takes for Melo. All-in.

Yes, I would trade Felton for Nash in a heartbeat and then move whatever it takes for Melo. All-in.

That would be a really intimidating big three, no doubt about it. But the way this team has been constructed it's made for the longrun. I personally wouldn't move Felton, Amare, Gallinari, or Chandler unless of course you're getting a young superstar in return. You develop the youth and build some chemisty between them. I wouldn't experiment with a guy like Nash who is no part of your future. But that's just me.

Edited by Confidence

That would be a really intimidating big three, no doubt about it. But the way this team has been constructed it's made for the longrun. I personally wouldn't move Felton, Amare, Gallinari, or Chandler unless of course you're getting a young superstar in return. You develop the youth and build some chemisty between them. I wouldn't experiment with a guy like Nash who is no part of your future. But that's just me.

Meh, I'd shoot for Nash in a win-now mold and pray that CP3 wants in when his contract is up. But I definitely see your side too.

Felton and an expiring for Nash, let's go people.

that's an atrocious deal for both sides. Phoenix would have no interest at all in Felton since they already have Dragic, who's undoubtedly the future for them at that position. I don't get why you'd want it, either. Felton has been incredible this year. he's been better than Nash in almost every aspect.

Nash > Felton > Dragic

Nash hasn't been better than Felton this year. Felton is better in virtually every category besides assists. Nash is also a lot older and more injury prone. trading Felton, who's ten years younger and who fits in perfectly with this Knicks offense would be senseless. and yes, as of now, Felton is better than Dragic, but Dragic is younger and a lot cheaper than Felton. everyone knows he's their starting point guard for the next several years after Nash leaves.

Nash hasn't been better than Felton this year. Felton is better in virtually every category besides assists. Nash is also a lot older and more injury prone. trading Felton, who's ten years younger and who fits in perfectly with this Knicks offense would be senseless. and yes, as of now, Felton is better than Dragic, but Dragic is younger and a lot cheaper than Felton. everyone knows he's their starting point guard for the next several years after Nash leaves.

Arguing my chain of command is futile.

• Owner
Felton is better in virtually every category besides assists.

Felton is not a better point guard than Steve Nash. Nash is still an all-star point guard that can run any system handed to him, and make it his own in the process. He's not the player Felton is back on defense (even though Felton isn't a good defender, either), but Nash is, by far, a better offensive player.

Replace Felton with Nash (on the Knicks), giving him Amare back, along with Gallo and Fields...and suddenly, Nash starts up another 50/40/90 shooting season, he racks up 11-12 assists per game, and the Knicks become a legit 60-win contender out East. In addition to that, Amare has less of a load and is saved for the playoff run.

By the way, Felton is not better in every category. In fact, Nash is putting up better numbers given the six less minutes he's playing, and he's also shooting at a higher percentage.

• Like 1