Knicks into Varajao and Boobie

HustleMan

I was reading an article on Espn and a few other sources of the NewYorks Knicks interst in PF/C Anderson Varajao and PG Daniel Gibson of the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Knicks would like to use Anderson Varajao as a back up C or PF because of his energy and what he brings. They also have an interest in Daniel Gibson because of his production starting an off the bench this season.

Would You trade these two to the Knicks if it ment getting a player like Gallinari or a a Rookie with nice production like Larry Fields.

They wanted a back up point guard for Felton since Douglas is more a Sg than a PG in my opinion. He's a good shooter but he just doesn't know how to control the offensive end of the floor as much as Felton. If the Knicks really get Gibson, they'd become a way better team. This guy is hungry and would really help this team off the bench especially with his good long range shots..And you know what I'm going to say about Varejao... this guy is a pure hustler. They will benefit BIG TIME if NYC acquire him

Edited by *Swish*

Varejao would actually be a real nice fit on the Knicks alongside Amare, although I don't know if the Knicks would be willing to give up any of their prime trade bait since the whole Melo-to-Nets thing is starting to really heat up. Personally, if I were the Knicks I'd be willing to give up Fields and Randolph for Varejao. The Knicks would then need to explore a small trade for another SG, preferably a 3pt shooter who can defend. The Magic really need some size, so the Knicks could probably acquire a guy like Quentin Richardson for Turiaf (assuming the salaries matchup). I know Richardson is a natrual SF, but once Azubuike gets back he can slide over to the 3 spot behind Melo. That would leave Chandler and Gallo available for a Melo trade. After those trades, the lineup would roughly look like this...

Felton/Douglas

Richardson/Azubuike (when healthy)

Melo/Walker

Amare/[PF by committee]

Varejao/Mozgov

A Felton/Melo/Amare/Varajeo core is very nice and you can definitely build a contender around it.

I wouldn't give up Fields. This guy is one of the smartest rookies to come into the league in awhile and he's really versatile on offense, and is a pretty good defender for a rookie. I'm not including him unless it's part of a deal bigger than a role playing big man and a backup point who'd play limited minutes.

Varejao would actually be a real nice fit on the Knicks alongside Amare, although I don't know if the Knicks would be willing to give up any of their prime trade bait since the whole Melo-to-Nets thing is starting to really heat up. Personally, if I were the Knicks I'd be willing to give up Fields and Randolph for Varejao.

oh good God man, have you no clue? Walsh would have to be insane in the membrane to pull this off. sacrificing two young, talented players for an overpaid, overrated Varejao. first of all, this trade wouldn't even be possible because of the differences in salary. Fields are Randolph are getting paid about $2.5M combined this year, while Varejao is making over $7M. you also have to remember how the Knicks screwed themselves. when he was GM, Isiah Thomas traded a bunch of young, talented players for washed up veterans with bloated contracts. trading two cheap, young talents for a 28 year-old Varejao, who's owed another $32M - absolutely crazy.

The Knicks would then need to explore a small trade for another SG, preferably a 3pt shooter who can defend. The Magic really need some size, so the Knicks could probably acquire a guy like Quentin Richardson for Turiaf (assuming the salaries matchup). I know Richardson is a natrual SF, but once Azubuike gets back he can slide over to the 3 spot behind Melo. That would leave Chandler and Gallo available for a Melo trade. After those trades, the lineup would roughly look like this...

so you want to trade Fields, Randolph, Turiaf, Chandler, and Gallo all in one season? nice, bro. why not just trade all their draft picks for the next five years and deal for Elton Brand while they're blowing away their future? how about telling Orlando to screw themselves? giving up Ronny's expiring contract for another three and a half years of Richardson? trading Chandler and Gallo for Melo, which doesn't even work financially? dude...

Felton/Douglas

Richardson/Azubuike (when healthy)

Melo/Walker

Amare/[PF by committee]

Varejao/Mozgov

they'd be a lot better off just keeping their current team and going hard after Melo in the offseason.

A Felton/Melo/Amare/Varajeo core is very nice and you can definitely build a contender around it.

that can't even be possible. that would be like the entire salary cap right there. Melo and Amare would each be getting $20M, Varejao would be making $8M+, and Felton/Richardson would run them about another $10M. absolutely atrocious; that's how they screwed themselves the first time. it would be a lot smarter to keep their team the rest of the year, go after Melo this summer, and chase Paul the following summer. getting Paul would be way better for them than Varejao and Richardson. the only players New York should really be looking to deal this year are Curry, Turiaf, and maybe Mozgov/Azubuike. later.