Larry Brown Stepping Down

ESPN Bottom Line says he's stepping down, I'll find a link.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Larry Brown is out as coach of the Charlotte Bobcats.

Owner Michael Jordan said in a release Wednesday that in a mutual decision after Charlotte's disappointing 9-19 start that Brown has stepped down as coach.

Read More

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

He might as well. He didn't really seem all that into coching anymore after that debacle in New York and at his age, what is the point in doing something that you really don't want to do? It would be one thing if his coaching was actually making a difference or was on a contender, but the team is going nowhere other than the lottery and he has never been one to coach a rebuilding team or mentor youth (although they don't really have any youth on the roster). The team seemed to tune him out as well.

I was actually surprised to see him come back this season after the team got worse over the offseason. I thought he would step down then, so this doesn't come as a surprise to me at all.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Paul Silas is the top candidate to replace Larry Brown as the coach of the Bobcats, according to a report by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

Former Hawks coach Mike Woodson is also a candidate, but sources indicate that Charlotte owner Michael Jordan is close to hiring Silas.

Silas still lives in the Charlotte area and coached the Hornets for 4 1/2 years when the franchise was in the city.

The Bobcats don't play again until Monday when they face the Pistons.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70727/20101222/silas_is_top_candidate_to_replace_brown/#ixzz18szD9Bka

lol why would he want to coach the worst team in basketball?

Got this from Sactown Royalty.

From 2007:

Former NBA head coach Larry Brown, who has been out of coaching since his dramatic - and disappointing - one-year tenure with the New York Knicks, has expressed interest in the Kings vacancy.

"I want to get back," Brown said when contacted at his home in Philadelphia. "I miss it terribly. I haven't lost the passion to teach and coach. I don't want to end my career at 23-59. I feel I can do better. I look at Sacramento ... I respect the heck out of Geoff (Petrie). I coached half that team. I don't mind going somewhere that's rebuilding, but wherever I go, I want everybody to feel that I'm the right person."

Link

• Owner

If you find murder intersting...

Ha. I wonder which player would talk back to him first. I'd say Kwame, but I think he's scared to death of Mike.

And, about Brown coaching a bad team...not that big of a surprise. He wants to coach any group of guys that respects him and his defensive mentality. I think Charlotte's season was done the day they lost Felton.