Is Devin Hester a HOFer?

reno

Do you think Devin Hester could get into the hall of fame, as a punt/ kick returner? I don't believe a returner has ever made it into the hof before, as its also very rare for kickers to get in. But hester is a special player, an extraordinary one at the least. He brings excitement to every time he touches the ball, makes teams scared to punt/kick it to him. Already holds the record for most kick returns in a career, and its only his 5th season as a pro.

http://frankthetank.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/devin-hester-alone-super-bowl.jpg

What tha hecks wrong with you guys? Devin Hester could get in right now, and should get in on account of what he's already accomplished in the league. The last time I've checked, the HOF is full of game changers. Hester is truly one, especially when he's making the opposition kick to one (narrow) side of the field. You just don't want to kick to this guy. The Hall should honor every position in the game and just because return men are rare doesn't mean he should be left out of HOF disscussions.

Hell, the guy's from South Florida, isn't he?

What tha hecks wrong with you guys? Devin Hester could get in right now, and should get in on account of what he's already accomplished in the league. The last time I've checked, the HOF is full of game changers. Hester is truly one, especially when he's making the opposition kick to one (narrow) side of the field. You just don't want to kick to this guy. The Hall should honor every position in the game and just because return men are rare doesn't mean he should be left out of HOF disscussions.

Hell, the guy's from South Florida, isn't he?

No just cause you hold a record that does not mean you get put into the hof. Also there are a ton of players in the league that are game changers that dont me they all belong in the hof. Imo he has to return at least 5 more kicks to the house to be considered or put into the conversation of hof'er.

Haha. He's not a HOF'er. He'd have to keep doing what he's done for the next 5 years. He doesn't contribute besides the PR/KR game, which he is very good at, but if he was a top WR as well I'd say he'd get in...but he isn't a very good WR so he's not going to get in unless he has another incredible 5 years as a PR/KR and then maybe we could talk.

It is hard to say. In one respect, he has obliterated records in record time. He is the only player to ever return the opening kickoff in a Super Bowl for a TD as well as the fastest score from start of the game in Super Bowl history. He has been the entire Bears offense for a few years(before the arrival of Cutler, he was really all they had). Hell, he was even named to the All-Decade team(but to be honest, he had no competition for a KR). He even gives his team outstanding field position because teams don't want him to touch the ball.

Now on the other hand, you look at the guys who aren't in the HOF. That right there is what is holding out Hester at the moment. If he breaks Deion Sanders's record for the most non-offensive TDs, he will get in imo.

To be honest though, how many guys have been inducted into the HOF as a kick returner? I don't think it would shock anyone if he got in with that title.

For what its worth, Deion Sanders thinks he is a HOFer: http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=5943305

Edited by Lkr

He's not a HOF'er right now, no way...there's too many guys out there that have not gotten in that have way better careers. But I think if he continued to do what he's done for another few years, he could certainly have a good shot to get in. But if he retired today? I just don't see it.