WC: NY Jets @ Indianapolis

Real Deal

Indy's coming into the playoffs with momentum unlike in the past where they rested their players in the weeks leading to the playoffs. The Jets have lost their swag after their hot start with all those close wins. It should be a competitive game, and I think the Jets have a solid chance, but I can't see Indy going out this quick. Their run game has found a new life.

Colts 17, Jets 13

As I said before, I believe Manning will come alive in these playoffs and put up a good fight. Colts are at home, I see them winning. Addai and Rhodes have been playing great for them lately, they have completely minimized the loss of Collie. Their run D has also been great, holding CJ to 39 yards on 20 carries yesterday. If they can do the same to Tomlinson and Greene and force Sanchez to throw, they should be in good shape to win this game.

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Rex Ryan, the New York Jets' brash coach, believes he can design a defensive scheme to stop anybody, but the one player he hasn't solved -- his No. 1 tormentor -- is Colts quarterback Peyton Manning. Quite simply, Manning has owned Ryan over the years, and Ryan is tired of providing fodder for Manning's career highlight reel.

"Is it personal? Yes, it's personal," Ryan said Monday, looking ahead to the AFC wild-card game Saturday night in Indianapolis. "It's personal against him, Reggie Wayne, all those guys, yeah. [Dwight] Freeney and [Robert] Mathis and those other dudes? Absolutely."

In six games against Ryan-coached defenses, Manning is 5-1, with 1,513 yards, 12 touchdown passes and only two interceptions. The loss deserves an asterisk because it came last season in Week 16, when Manning was pulled with a third-quarter lead in the infamous Curtis Painter Game. He exacted payback in the AFC Championship Game, throwing for 377 yards and three touchdowns in a 30-17 win over the Jets.

Most coaches wouldn't admit to struggling against a particular player, but Ryan wasn't shy about expressing his frustration. Sometimes, he said, it drives him so crazy that he talks to himself.

"I've seen him many years at the Pro Bowl and I'm like, 'Man ...'" Ryan said. "You know, it's funny, I respect the heck out of the guy, but I'm going to beat him one day. I just hope it's this Saturday."

Manning's former coach, Tony Dungy, apparently believes that Ryan's blitz-oriented scheme isn't suited to stopping the Colts quarterback. Dungy, an NBC studio analyst, said on the air Sunday night that the Colts would've preferred to face the Ravens because they've beaten them eight straight times, but he suggested that Manning would also have his way with the Jets.

"I don't think you can beat Peyton Manning with a defense that's just trying to fool you," said Dungy, who criticized Ryan over the summer for using profanity in HBO's reality series, "Hard Knocks."

Told of Dungy's comments, Ryan responded, "When you get out there [in the media], you've got all the answers, but you don't have to play anymore. I respect everybody's opinions, but the only one I care about is my own."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5984501