WC: NY Jets @ Indianapolis

Real Deal

Why do you guys feel bad for Manning? He led his team to ONEEEEEEEEEE offensive TD. I'm pretty sure that in all of Peyton Manning's playoff loses, the Colts have only scored 20 points once! How are you going to make excuses for him? There is no excuse. There's no blaming it on the defense anymore while trying to defend him.

Are you serious? He took the field once in the third quarter because the defense couldn't defend the run. The Jets had a 17 play, 87 yard drive that took up nearly 10 minutes... He was clearly a one man show tonight.

Wayne was stuck on Revis Island (1 catch, 1 yard), the defense couldn't stop the run, special teams were terrible on that last kick off where Cromartie ran the ball 5 yards out of the end zone all the way to midfield, and Jim Caldwell didn't know what he was doing. He challenged a play 1 minute 30 secs into the game, and lost it. Then, instead of staying aggressive towards the end of the second quarter, they decide to run the ball and stay content with a 7-0 lead into the half. And lastly, he calls a timeout like an idiot which gave the Jets an opportunity to throw the ball to Braylon Edwards which setup the easy FG.

All three of Vinatieri's FG's came off of great Peyton Manning-lead drives of 8 plays or more. It just shows that without Manning, this team is complete garbage.

Are you serious? He took the field once in the third quarter because the defense couldn't defend the run. The Jets had a 17 play, 87 yard drive that took up nearly 10 minutes... He was clearly a one man show tonight.

Wayne was stuck on Revis Island (1 catch, 1 yard), the defense couldn't stop the run, special teams were terrible on that last kick off where Cromartie ran the ball 5 yards out of the end zone all the way to midfield, and Jim Caldwell didn't know what he was doing. He challenged a play 1 minute 30 secs into the game, and lost it. Then, instead of staying aggressive towards the end of the second quarter, they decide to run the ball and stay content with a 7-0 lead into the half. And lastly, he calls a timeout like an idiot which gave the Jets an opportunity to throw the ball to Braylon Edwards which setup the easy FG.

All three of Vinatieri's FG's came off of great Peyton Manning-lead drives of 8 plays or more. It just shows that without Manning, this team is complete garbage.

He....could......not.....get....his.....team.....into.....the....endzone.....period.

Stop making excuses for him. Other QB's have dealt with far less and managed to actually rise to the occassion.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00_playoffs.htm

He's really performed well in those playoff loses where it's supposedly his defense holding them back.......

He....could......not.....get....his.....team.....into.....the....endzone.....period.

Stop making excuses for him. Other QB's have dealt with far less and managed to actually rise to the occassion.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00_playoffs.htm

He's really performed well in those playoff loses where it's supposedly his defense holding them back.......

All they needed was 16 points to win the game, the defense has to step up to the plate and actually make a play to help them win a game. Against a defense such as the Jets 16 points is commendable, in a playoff game as well. I can't believe you're actually suggesting Manning lost them this game tonight.

• Owner

If Manning would've had another game where he threw four picks, I'd be pointing fingers at him...but he didn't play bad at all. I just didn't like a lot of the playcalling for the Colts, and the defense was getting picked apart after those first 3-4 failed drives by the Jets.

If Manning would've had another game where he threw four picks, I'd be pointing fingers at him...but he didn't play bad at all. I just didn't like a lot of the playcalling for the Colts, and the defense was getting picked apart after those first 3-4 failed drives by the Jets.

He audibles and makes most of the play calls at the line of scrimmage. I didn't like a lot of the play calling either, which has to partially falll on Manning since he audibled into a lot of those run calls.

He audibles and makes most of the play calls at the line of scrimmage. I didn't like a lot of the play calling either, which has to partially falll on Manning since he audibled into a lot of those run calls.

Lol, what game were you watching? A few of his audibles may have failed, but the way he read the D on third and long and decided where to run the ball was amazing. Manning didn't play up to his standard but the loss cannot be completely blamed on him. The Colts D line got man handled by the Jets O line. What it came down to was the Colts inability to stop the run.

Manning was 18 of 26 (68%?) for 226 yards and 1 TD, he wasn't amazing but he was great. The gameplan and defense let them down. People who want more from Manning are nuts. He went out of his way to assure he didn't throw 40 passes and 4 picks, this was the game plan going in. Balanced efficent attack, credit Manning for sticking with guns, discredit the D for not coming up with the necessary stops.

All they needed was 16 points to win the game, the defense has to step up to the plate and actually make a play to help them win a game. Against a defense such as the Jets 16 points is commendable, in a playoff game as well. I can't believe you're actually suggesting Manning lost them this game tonight.

I'm not blaming him for the loss, but he led his team to 16 points. It's supposedly always his defenses fault when he loses, but he's score 20 points ONCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in all of his playoff loses. That's not the defenses fault especially when the team is built as an offensive team. It's a recurring problem with Manning in the playoffs, and that's a problem.