ESPN Poking Fun at Mangini's Firing

Cleveland's Finest

mad about spygate, are we?

No really. The guy didn't have to be a [expletive] and cry to the league about it. If he told the league and they investigated and found the same results that'd be fine, but he just wanted to make it known that it was him that told the league about the Patriots. All I'm saying is that he was being an attention whore, and I doubt anyone in the league really respects that idiot.

one comment said it great:

People are acting like Mangini and his family are going to have to go on welfare or something. The guy makes about $2mil per year, and will still be paid for any years remaining on his contract. They were high-fiving because they had a bet in-house. Today was "Black Monday" for the NFL, the day after the regular season ends, when many coaches get fired. There was nothing malicious going on here.

I'm sure they were saying someone will be fired soon and then BAM, mangina got fired

People are acting like Mangini and his family are going to have to go on welfare or something. The guy makes about $2mil per year, and will still be paid for any years remaining on his contract. They were high-fiving because they had a bet in-house. Today was "Black Monday" for the NFL, the day after the regular season ends, when many coaches get fired. There was nothing malicious going on here.

I'm sure they were saying someone will be fired soon and then BAM, mangina got fired

Exactly... "Families will be affected." What? Mangini's kid can't get that new Ferrari for his 17th birthday?

That's why I said 'who cares' in my original post...

that makes it even worse lol.

you guys are missing the point. it doesn't matter if it was Bill Gates who got laid off. as employees of the most popular sports network in the world, the anchors are expected to act professionally. I know they probably just had a friendly bet going, but laughing and slapping fives about it on national television definitely isn't the way to go in that situation.

obviously, Mangini is going to survive. he's made enough dough coaching to support him and his family, but a man was still fired nonetheless.

Edited by HOV

you guys are missing the point. it doesn't matter if it was Bill Gates who got laid off. as employees of the most popular sports network in the world, the anchors are expected to act professionally. I know they probably just had a friendly bet going, but laughing and slapping fives about it on national television definitely isn't the way to go in that situation.

obviously, Mangini is going to survive. he's made enough dough coaching to support him and his family, but a man was still fired nonetheless.

I guess. I mean, I definitely see your point but it's a lot different if a high school coach got fired or someone that much actually would be significantly negatively effected. Mangini will still get the remainder of his contract and if you don't want to be poked fun at do a better job and don't get fired.

At the end of the day though, I do understand your point. Their mocking and celebration of the event was rather annoying IMO.

They weren't excited that he was fired, they were excited that they got a prediction right, and that prediction just happened to be Mangini getting his dumb, piece of [expletive] [expletive] fired.

Some people are way too politically correct and need to lighten up. Did it come across to some as rude? Yes, probably, but that wasn't the intent, so people like you need to came down.

Some people are way too politically correct and need to lighten up. Did it come across to some as rude? Yes, probably, but that wasn't the intent, so people like you need to came down.

I need to came down?

I'm not politically correct; this is just common etiquette. you're not supposed to laugh and high five before announcing a firing. I know it wasn't their intent to mock Mangini or whatever, but that doesn't matter.

given your feelings for Mangini, of course you're not going to care about this. the way you're talking about him in this thread, it's like you hate him more than anyone. if it was your favorite coach, though, you'd probably have a different opinion.

Edited by HOV

do you watch sportscenter? if you really expect professionalism out of a show like that, you apparently have been watching the wrong channel for the past 10 years. are you expecting them to act like NBC Nightly News? It isn't like they are reporting someone died, they are reporting that a [expletive]ty head coach is getting paid 2 million dollars to sit at home next year.

do you watch sportscenter? if you really expect professionalism out of a show like that, you apparently have been watching the wrong channel for the past 10 years. are you expecting them to act like NBC Nightly News? It isn't like they are reporting someone died, they are reporting that a [expletive]ty head coach is getting paid 2 million dollars to sit at home next year.

Lol Yeah it's really not that big of a deal.

• 2 weeks later...

omg such poor taste! the network that mocked him now employs him!

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs167.ash2/41594_148200198536255_2562_n.jpg

Edited by HOV