Suns 'On The Fence' About Trading Nash

AboveLegit

The Suns have lost eight of their last 11 games and opposing teams aren't convinced that they won't trade former MVP Steve Nash before the Feb. 24 trade deadline.

According to a source, skepticism around the league may be warranted.

Phoenix is "on the fence" about which direction to go, even though they claimed their six-player trade with Orlando last month wasn't a precursor to a Nash deal.

The team's play over the next month will decide the direction they take.

The Suns are 14-18 entering Tuesday's action and sit three games back of Portland for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70946/20110104/suns_on_the_fence_about_trading_nash/#ixzz1A6wHmwJH

Anyway, I'd say trading Nash would probably benefit our team in the long run. So.. what if we keep Nash? We're going to be the next Trail Blazers with just Nash, barely scrapping the damn playoffs with the 7th or 8th seed, or not even making it at all. I'm really interested in this years draft as there's some young studs out there that would really benefit our team in the long run and I'm a huge supporter of the Phoenix Suns blow up and tank rebuild thing. Robin Lopez has been painfully awful this year and I sincerely thought after competing in last years playoffs with his major play he'd end up being someone very special on our team but lady luck frowned upon us and now he's just crap. Dragic really hasn't improved much at all, ironically and sadly Hedo has been great for Orlando.

I'd happily trade Steve Nash for a decent power forward and a pick.

• Like 1

Please come back to the Mavs :)

Kidd has spoke in the past about wanting to come off the bench to help the team, and I believe this would be the perfect trade to meet his request.

Nash would be our second scoring option we've wanted forever, and we'd have the best PG combo in NBA history.

I hope they don't trade him. He's most of the reason I became a Suns fan, but if they must trade him in order to succeed in the future, it might end up being a good decision. The Suns don't look too bad without him. Just look at the game where they played Dallas without him.