Two killed in drive by, in my hometown

The Truth

two teens were shot and killed in my hometown last night. I didn't know anyone involved, but it's pretty scary to think something like this would happen in my own city. it's such a safe place, just a boring suburban area, and this goes down. RIP.

Two teens were killed and two others injured during a shooting Wednesday night in north Redlands.

City Spokesman Carl Baker said one teen died on scene and the other died at the hospital. Two other teens were shot but he did not know the extent of their injuries, other than that they did not appear to be life threatening. The ages and identities of the four teens were not known.

The shooting occurred Wednesday night at Post Street and Oxford Drive in Redlands. At around 8 pm, Redlands Police Officer Alex Paredes advised people to stay out of the area via his Facebook page. Baker said it is unknown whether gangs were involved and the incident is under investigation.

http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/news/ci_17019991

I remember about 3-4 years back, I was watching the Blazer game, it was the 4th quarter, tight game with 2 minutes left and all of a sudden the power goes out. I was thinking "WTF!" and I went to the circuit breaker to see if that was the problem. Well, it turns out that the house right across the street from mine (5 second walk) had SWAT cars and police cars surrounding the house. There was a standoff for about an hour, we were told to go back inside and to lock our doors. The power was shut off on the entire block. Turns out, the family was wanted for ID theft and had guns and stuff. It ended peacefully with no one getting hurt, just tear gas being thrown through the window and what not. Still though, that was kind of scary.

Nothing like yours though were people were shot and killed...

• Owner

I live in a town of around 11,000 people...and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened here (again). A year or two ago, someone drove by our community college and let off a few rounds. Before that, probably 4-5 years ago (can't remember exactly when), someone was shot in the head right off the highway, in front of the college gymnasium.

A few of you remember me telling you how our town was flooded (literally half of the town under water, over houses), and the oil spill that happened ruined at least 35-40% of the town...had to knock down all buildings and houses in that area. Well, a lot of the people were left homeless, and crime rates took off from there...and since then, many of those people have moved in with others on "my side" of town, and it's been a wreck ever since. More fighting, more drugs in a smaller area, just bad news all around.

In the last two years, I can probably name at least six people that have killed themselves, five of which were due to drugs or some type of dispute...and that's just out of the people I know by name.

Rumor was that Coffeyville is one of the highest-rated crime cities in the nation, when adjusted for population. Probably a false rumor, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

I live in one of the five most dangerous cities in the country, and one of the most poverty stricken. Some of the statistics brought up for Memphis are just mind blowing. The local news is basically an hour of reports of shootings and robberies. Luckily for me, I live in a safe area, but go up to North and South Memphis and it's a different story.

I live in one of the five most dangerous cities in the country, and one of the most poverty stricken. Some of the statistics brought up for Memphis are just mind blowing. The local news is basically an hour of reports of shootings and robberies. Luckily for me, I live in a safe area, but go up to North and South Memphis and it's a different story.

You live in Germantown?