Atlanta Braves 2011

Cobb

Linebrink and McCann activated. Hanson sent to the 15 day DL.

I will be at the Braves-Giants game on this Tuesday and it looks like Randall Delgado will be pitching in place of Tommy Hanson. I'm really excited to see him pitch again, better yet in person.

Randall Delgado looked great tonight. Was kind of disappointed that Fredi yanked him after allowing that HR by Ross. He will be optioned back to Triple-A later today and Jurrjens will be coming back off the DL to start the game tonight.

Chipper: "I'm playing next year"

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2011/08/19/chipper-ends-speculation-im-playing-next-year/

Chipper Jones said he will return to play for the Braves in 2012, ending speculation that the Braves’ 39-year-old third baseman might retire after this season and walk away with a year left on his contract.

“I’m playing next year,” he told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday. “I still feel like I can go out there and play a good third base and be a threat, at least, at the plate. I’m having a good defensive year and the [batting] average is on the rise.”

Jones is owed $14 million in 2012 in the final year of a three-year, $42 million contract extension, which also includes a $9 million option for 2013 that becomes automatic if he plays in 123 games next season or averages 127 games this season and next.

I have no problem with him coming back as long as we use him properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Braves get Matt Diaz for Ptbnl, from PIT

---------

Not really sure what to think. Hopefully I won't ever have to see Julio Lugo hit again!

Diaz will be added to the roster today and more then likely Cristhian Martinez will be sent to the minors.

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Braves get Matt Diaz for Ptbnl, from PIT

---------

Not really sure what to think. Hopefully I won't ever have to see Julio Lugo hit again!

Diaz will be added to the roster today and more then likely Cristhian Martinez will be sent to the minors.

Prediction:

In the 6 games remaining vs. PHI, Diaz goes 20-for-30 with 10 home runs and 10 doubles.