Anthony to be traded soon for a draft pick

everyone's criticizing Randolph's play, but dude never plays. how could you judge him if he never even gets a chance to prove himself? I think you guys just assume that because he's not in the rotation, he must not be a good player. that's not necessarily the case. D'Antoni likes small rotations, so that automatically limits Randolph's chances of getting in the game. I also read an article awhile ago about how Randolph complained to the media about not getting playing time. obviously, D'Antoni took exception because he made statements back to the media in response to Randolph's comments. but like I said, it doesn't matter. they'll trade him and he'll prove himself elsewhere.

Listen, in principle, you are right. Players need a chance to prove themselves before they can be labelled a failure. However, what you're not realizing is that regular season minutes are just a fraction of the way for a player to prove himself worthy. Summer league, training camp, pre-season, regular season and practices are all ways for a player to prove himself. Randolph, theoretically, has the tools to fit in D'Antoni's system well. However, in 11 games in November he shot 27% from the field and looked COMPLETELY lost. I am not talking about the kind of lost where a player needs to learn the playbook and shake off rust. I'm talking about the kind of lost where when you watch him, you are shocked that he is even on the active roster and not in the D-League. And honestly, his skillet and talent ain't as high as people pump them up to be. He's a very overrated prospect.

Also, as Blasco said, this isn't the first time he's been a system that should, in theory, make great use of his talents. Yet, Don Nelson gave him the exact same treatment as D'Antoni is.

Listen, in principle, you are right. Players need a chance to prove themselves before they can be labelled a failure. However, what you're not realizing is that regular season minutes are just a fraction of the way for a player to prove himself worthy. Summer league, training camp, pre-season, regular season and practices are all ways for a player to prove himself. Randolph, theoretically, has the tools to fit in D'Antoni's system well. However, in 11 games in November he shot 27% from the field and looked COMPLETELY lost. I am not talking about the kind of lost where a player needs to learn the playbook and shake off rust. I'm talking about the kind of lost where when you watch him, you are shocked that he is even on the active roster and not in the D-League. And honestly, his skillet and talent ain't as high as people pump them up to be. He's a very overrated prospect.

Also, as Blasco said, this isn't the first time he's been a system that should, in theory, make great use of his talents. Yet, Don Nelson gave him the exact same treatment as D'Antoni is.

Exactly. Perfectly stated, Nitro.

HOV - When I said severely overrated I meant as a prospect. Nitro pretty much summed it up. I'm not going to continue to repeat myself.